1
5.3k GÖRÜNTÜLEME
Tamamlandı
okuma zamanı
AA Paylaş

Penny vs. The Horrible Soda Machine

It was Take Your Daughter to Work Day. Penny's father was on the phone for what seemed a lifetime, so the little girl wandered off bored into the employee break room. A vending machine stood in the corner. It was large and bright red, and painted on its metal cabinet, was an oversized soda can. From her teddy bear plush purse, Penny took out a crisp dollar bill and fed it to the machine's cash slot, which reminded her of a person's mouth. The machine then made a quick whirring noise as it pushed out the note. Penny fed the bill into the slot again. And again, it was ejected. With great care she ironed out the dollar bill against her chest, making sure it was nice and smooth, and none of the edges were bent. She then gave it another try, feeding the note into the slot, only to see it promptly returned. "Quit spitting my money out," Penny complained. She inserted the bill in all the different directions there were. The right way. Upside down. Backside up. Downside up. "What's the matter with you," she said, "is my money no good?" She held the dollar bill up to the ceiling lights and studied it closely, to see if maybe it was flawed in some way. Nope, it's not. My money's fine. "Dear God," Penny prayed, "please make this mean machine accept my dollar bill, I beg you. It's the only dollar bill I got." The little girl took a deep breath, and with the greatest care in the world, she inserted her money into the cash slot, as straight and steady as she could. The motor in the vending machine validator whirred, and Penny's dollar bill was instantly thrown out. "Why you!" she shouted, hitting the bright red cabinet with her closed hand. "Why won't you take my money!" She hit it again. "Can't you see I want soda? WHY WON'T YOU GIVE ME SOME! YOU HORRIBLE THING YOU!" She gave it a good swift kick, and a latch inside, unexpectedly, unlocked. Slowly, the cabinet door swung open making a creaking noise. Penny peeked inside and discovered the vending machine had been empty all along. "Oh," she whispered, feeling terribly silly all of a sudden. Staring quietly at the large empty machine, she said, "Sorry 'bout that." The little girl gently closed the cabinet. Then she wiped off the scrape her shoe had made when she kicked the door. "There you go," she said. "Good as new."

Penny put the dollar bill away and skipped back to her father's desk. She wanted to be beside him—even if he was on a neverending call.

12 Şubat 2023 05:49 0 Rapor Yerleştirmek Hikayeyi takip edin
2
Son

Yazarla tanışın

Jorge Altamirano Hi, my name is Jorge and I’m from Lima, Peru. I have autism, that’s why I write “different”. Anyway, I love telling stories. Thanks for reading. ♾️

Yorum yap

İleti!
Henüz yorum yok. Bir şeyler söyleyen ilk kişi ol!
~