S
Steve Bond


An inspiring challenge to godly men everywhere to rise up, take up their armor and stand up.


İlham Verici Tüm halka açık.

#armor-of-God #inkspiredstory
0
2.2k GÖRÜNTÜLEME
Devam etmekte - Yeni bölüm Her hafta
okuma zamanı
AA Paylaş

GET READY FOR WAR.

Why I wrote this book.

This book was written to capture the interests of christians who want a deeper, more fulfilling walk with the Lord. I believe the armor of God, as listed in the book of Ephesians was given to empower and encourage christians, especially when we see such an attack from evil spiritual forces as we are seeing now.

As christians we have heard and read about the armor of God, but seldom do we get an adequate explanation of what that term really means. There have been hundreds of books written on the subject and thousands of sermons preached and they have all covered vital points, however, I would like to share what God has revealed to me through divine revelation of Ephesians 6:10-20.

In the book ARMORED UP, you will learn of biblical truths concerning each piece of armor and helpful insights in each of the following chapters.

1. Get ready for war...

I explain that we are in a very real and personal war, and that we are fighting from a position of victory.

2. The battlefields...

I show that there are two main battlefields, 1. our minds, for our personal conflicts with the enemy. 2. the heavens,

for the times we pray and intercede for others.

3. Do it the way God planned...

I point out the reason Paul laid it out in the order that he did.

4. Girt up your loins...

I explain why this is the first thing you do.

5. Your breastplate of righteousness...

You will learn what this really refers to and why it's so important.

6. Be shod for God...

Here you will see that you already have what it takes to win souls.

7. Take your faith to a new level...

I will show you how to use your faith, and why Paul referred to it as a shield.

8. Salvation, what does it mean...

I explain why Paul called it a helmet,

and what salvation really means.

9. The sword of the Spirit...

We will discover why it's called the

sword of the Spirit, and how to use it effectively.

10. Making a real difference...

Now that you know what it means to be armored up, what's next? I will reveal insights concerning God's eternal purpose for those who put on the whole armor of God.

CHAPTER 1: GET READY FOR WAR.

When we accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we knew it meant becoming a new creation and adoption into God's eternal family, and what more could a person ask for?

The Master of the whole universe sends His Son to take our punishment and die for us, and then fills us with His Holy Spirit. Then he grants us eternal life with him. All we had to do is to accept him as our Lord and Savior, and give him our hurts and broken lives.

Most of us never realized that we were enlisting to become personally involved in the greatest battle of all time. As men we have the greater responsibility, God has anointed us to be the shield and the protector of our families.

Joshua 24:15 “And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (Jos 24:15, KJV)

Joshua wasn't just making a wishful statement. He was stating a fact, and that is people tend to serve the gods that their father's and ancestors served. He tells them that if they think it's wrong to serve the one true God, then they will serve the gods that their father's served or the gods of the heathen nations serve.


As a member of the human race in a fallen world under the temporary direction of the prince of the power of the air, we were already in this battle we were just serving on the losing side. Under the direction of our former taskmaster we were slaves ready to be sacrificed. But once we accepted the personal invitation from the Lord of Glory and joined His side we were immediately made victorious and given armour and equipment necessary to further His kingdom.


There are no sidelines here and the only observers are the great cloud of witnesses that have gone on before us. We are in it, we might as well become warriors that causes the enemy to tremble with fear, and the only way to do this is to become an obedient child of our Father, the Commander-in-Chief.


In Luke 10:19 Jesus said..."Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you".

We are fighting from a position of victory, not as individuals only but as a part of a great army, however we all have our own territory to protect (I call it our Realm of Responsibility) in both the spiritual and physical dimensions. As men we have the right, the responsibility, the authority and the ability as well as the means necessary to protect our families from all attacks of the enemy.


We have been given absolute power over the enemy in all areas of our lives, why then do we suffer defeat in so many areas? It's because we fail to engage in spiritual warfare, we fail to stand our ground and let the enemy know that we mean business.


Spiritual warfare is not just about casting out and binding demons, the most vital part of spiritual warfare is standing our ground and defending what is ours. Telling the devil "back off, you are not getting my children, you are not getting my spouse, get your hands off my finances."

James 4:7. “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” (Jam 4:7, KJV)

Anytime we put up any resistance the devil will run because he doesn't like confrontation. He knows his time is short so he mainly concentrates on the easy targets. Don't make anything easy for him, stand steadfast in the Lord and in the power of His might.

2 Corinthians 10: 3-5 says,

“ For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” (2Cor 10:3-5, KJV).

This verse plainly shows us that we have mighty weapons to use in battling Satan and his already defeated army. Jesus Christ has already defeated Satan for the final time when Jesus was crucified on the cross he descended into the pits of hell, triumphant over Satan he took the keys of death, hell and the grave and set people free and he is still setting people free today.

“And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.” (Colossians 2:15, KJVA)

To all born again father's let me say this, we are a vital part of God's great army, we have been commissioned to stand and protect what is ours.

“The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10, KJVA)


The Devil is trying to steal, kill and destroy everything and everyone near and dear to you. It is YOUR responsibility to see to it that he fails. Others can pray for your family but it's you who needs to be the difference maker.


“12. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.” (Ephesians 6:12-13, KJVA)


The next verse starts out with two words that have become the calling for all father's who take their responsibility serious.


STAND THEREFORE....


Ephesians 6: 10-17. Tells us about the armor God has provided for us. As warriors it's a wise idea to stay suited up.

“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.” (Eph 6:10, KJV)

P——aul challenged them to be strong in the Lord. When I was in school I was average in all subjects except math, in math I excelled. I understood it, I liked it, even it's complex equations made sense to me. You could say I was strong in math.

Through Paul, the Holy Spirit tells us to be strong in the Lord. Seek to understand him, get to know him in a deeper more intimate way, learn of him.

Matthew 11:29

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.


In order to learn of him, in fact the best way to learn of him is to yoke up with him. When a farmer wanted to plow his field he hooked up two oxen or mules together in order to pull the plow. One animal could do the work but two, working together could do ten times the work. A yoke was a stiff harness that went over the shoulders of both animals, making their movements as one. The beauty of the yoke is that the stronger one carries most of the load, and takes the lead.

When we learn of the Lord by being yoked up with him,we understand that he wants to carry our loads, bear our burdens, he wants to lead us where we need to go.

03 Ocak 2022 22:07 0 Rapor Yerleştirmek Hikayeyi takip edin
0
Devam edecek... Yeni bölüm Her hafta.

Yazarla tanışın

Yorum yap

İleti!
Henüz yorum yok. Bir şeyler söyleyen ilk kişi ol!
~