1
3.0k ПРОСМОТРОВ
В процессе - Новая глава Каждые 30 дней
reading time
AA Поделиться

New Friends


In the small town of Royal Creek, Georgia, Mazey Caroline Mathers rolls her little beat-up pickup truck down the old dirt road towards town. Georgia Peaches by Lauren Alaina blasts out her speakers.

"Ain't nothing sweeter than us Georgia Peaches!" Mazey's voice rings out into the wind, her arm hanging out the side of the truck. She takes her eyes off the road for a second to turn down the radio and answer her phone.

"Hello?"

"Where are ya?" Hunter, her twin brother, asks with urgency.

"Hold your horses, will you. I'm on my way. Jesus," Mazey rolls her eyes. Her brother is expecting his pen pal here in Georgia today and he wants her there to meet him. "I just have to stop and get Marney." Marney Sweeney is Mazey's long time best friend. The two are inseparable.

"Well hurry up. He's almost here." She scoffs when Hunter pushes her to go faster.

"Okay, okay. " Before she could say anymore, he hangs up.

"Gee, thanks, brother." She mutters before pulling into Marney's driveway.

It doesn't take long for her to hop into the cab of the truck. "C'mon let's get this show on the road."

- - - - - - - - ----- - - -- - - - - - - - - -


"So, you'll never guess who called me last night." Marney squeals in Mazey's ear when they hop out of her truck. Mazey gives Marney a bored look,

"I'm going to guess that it was Joshua. Considering that is all you have been talking about since you hopped in my truck." A pout spreads across her face.

"Oh, girl. You know I'm just messing with you."

They make their way through the house and into the kitchen.

"We're home!"

"In the living room." Mazey's dear mother calls. She looks at Marney and she shrugs.

"Why is she in the living room? She never goes in there."

Leaving the kitchen, they walk into the living room. "So, Hunter, where is this friend of yours, anyway?" Marney asks as they sit down on the couch.

"Should be here any minute." He replies as he smiles at her. A blush spread across Marney's face. Mazey looks at Hunter with an annoyed look and he raises his hands in surrender.

She rolls her eyes.

"I'm going to go make dinner."

Mazey is the one who cooks around the house because her mother doesn't want to cook. It's funny because most people think it's the 'Mama's good 'ole southern cooking'. But Mazey's the one who got the cooking trait.

"Any requests?" Mazey asks before she heads back to the kitchen.

"Make your famous fried chicken and biscuits." Hunter responds quickly.

"Alrighty," Mazey replies with a chuckle.

18 октября 2020 г. 19:26 0 Отчет Добавить Подписаться
0
Продолжение следует… Новая глава Каждые 30 дней.

Об авторе

Прокомментируйте

Отправить!
Нет комментариев. Будьте первым!
~