C
C Clark Carbonera


At a bus stop, Eduardo's life began to get less gray...


Короткий рассказ Всех возростов. © All rights reserved

#first-love #almost-a-story
Короткий рассказ
4
8.8k ПРОСМОТРОВ
Завершено
reading time
AA Поделиться

-


I saw you on the bus on the way home and it was love at first sight.

We smiled at each other with embarrassed eyes.

After a while and a few stops, we had the first date.

Then the second, the third, the fourth...

In a few months we were already a couple, with known families, with parties and exchanged gifts.

And yes, some fights too, because we can't be perfect during life.

We had elastic days like any other couples: some days close, some distant, but never isolated.

And in between elasticity, we exchanged more than gifts.

Our ceremony was the most beautiful in town, not because of the flowers, pastries, or decoration.

But because our love was whole, pulsating between the two of us.

Then we had our first child and discussed having a second, but the numbers just wouldn't add up.

We grieved a little when he grew up, because like all parents, it was hard to see childhood slipping away from the innocent smile.

You cried a little when he went off to college; I cried rivers with my face in my pillow, hiding, of course.

When he moved away and made his own family in another state, we were back to being the two of us: the couple in love at the bus stop.

And for the spoiled one's room not to remain empty, we adopted three cats: one black, one white, and one spotted.

We turned gray and our joints rusted - we grew old with our cats and then...

Then the bus stopped and you got off.


Yeah, maybe this future was never mine...


6 мая 2022 г. 21:00 0 Отчет Добавить Подписаться
7
Конец

Об авторе

C Clark Carbonera “A utopia está lá no horizonte. Me aproximo dois passos, ela se afasta dois passos. Caminho dez passos e o horizonte corre dez passos. Por mais que eu caminhe, jamais alcançarei. Para que serve a utopia? Serve para isso: para que eu não deixe de caminhar.” Fã de carteirinha de Buffy - The Vampire Slayer.

Прокомментируйте

Отправить!
Нет комментариев. Будьте первым!
~