evangeline-gaughf1641756818 Evangeline Gaughf

Rosalia Hoffman, a fifteen year old girl, is an assassin for the mysterious Camp Eden, infamous for training killers and murderers. But when she is sent to kill the governor of Loriala, the walls she spent years building are slowly crumbling to the ground. Will she be able to complete her mission? Or will her heart finally betray her?


Подростковая литература Всех возростов.
10
11.1k ПРОСМОТРОВ
В процессе - Новая глава Каждую субботу
reading time
AA Поделиться

Present Day

Being evil wasn’t what I wanted, but no one ever gets what they want. I was crouched down in a bush, not making a sound. I watched everything around me like a hawk, I noticed every little movement inside houses, plants moving in the gentle breeze, and even people walking down the road. I took it all in. The leaves on the bush rustled behind me, I stayed completely still and kept all emotion from my face.

“Hey Rosie,” Robin, my closest friend, I guess you could call him, whispered in my ear. He had chestnut brown hair, and brown eyes. We both had two earrings piercing our left ears as well. He was so close to me in the small bush, I could feel him breathing.

I leaned into his ear and whispered back sharply, “Robin.”

“We’re on a mission, nobody’s gonna find out we used our real names,” he replied. I turned my head and glared at him. He cracked a grin. “Loosen up a bit.”

“Robin, please leave me alone, I am trying to focus,” I snapped.


Robin and I were trained in a secret location, that we had to return to after every mission. After completing the task, we would head to a remote location by the water and wait. Guards would blindfold and sedate us before taking us back, and they’d do the same thing before sending us off on the mission. Right now, Robin and I were searching for a man named Scorpius Blacken. He is said to be a tall man with brownish black hair and eyes the color of emeralds. His personality is supposed to be loud, obnoxious, and rude. He's normally very drunk according to our records and apparently unliked by pretty much everyone. He’s said to be fast and athletic, which surprised me when I read it. If he’s normally drunk, how would he be able to run? Anyway, we waited for over an hour until this guy tumbled out of a bar. I clicked my tongue and Robin slipped out of the bush. I quickly followed and we trailed him down the road until he turned into a dark alleyway.Perfect. I thought. Robin and I glanced at each other. We trailed him a few more steps before I took action. I kicked his knees in, knocking him to the ground. He whirled around to face me, glaring daggers at my hooded face. I forgot to mention that I was wearing a black mask the covered the lower half of my face and a hood that hid the top half. He pushed himself to his feet and swung wildly at me. I grabbed his fist and turned him so his back was to me. I held his arms behind his back while Robin tied him up.

“Gag him,” I whispered.

Robin nodded and pulled out a rag from his pocket and shoved it in the guys mouth. He thrashed around and tried to worm away. I rolled my eyes and grabbed him by his hair. I smashed his head into the wall, knocking him out cold.

“Well, I think that went well,” Robin grinned.

You didn’t do anything,” I snapped.

“You took all the spotlight!” he retorted.

I glared at him, even though he couldn’t see my face. “Whatever, help me drag him to the spot.”

“Fine, boss lady,” he muttered. I grabbed under the guys arms and he grabbed him feet. The journey took about a day before we reached the spot. It’s a small clearing near the ocean, surrounded by trees. I dropped him, his head hit the ground with a loud thump. Robin dropped his feet and sat down near the water, washing his hands off. I joined him, pulling my mask down.

“How’s Lia?” I asked. Lia was Robin’s girlfriend. She had long blonde hair, freckles spotting her nose and cheeks, beautiful blue eyes, and two earring, matching us. Her and I were close, I guess, but we haven’t talked in a while.

“She’s good, she wishes that you’d talk to her more though,” Robin said pointedly.

“It’s not my fault,” I retorted, “the Director won’t let me do anything! I barely have time for myself.”

“Whatever,” he rolled his eyes. We sat near the water for almost an hour, until I started feeling dizzy.

“See ya later,” I muttered.

“See ya,” he mumbled, I could barely understand him. With the little bit of strength I had left, I pulled my mask back over my face, and then blacked out.

I woke up in a bright room with beds in rows, this is where they always put us after our missions. Robin was laying on the bed next to me, still asleep. I sat up slowly, and I felt a pounding in my head. I ignored it, as I was taught to. Since I was ten, we were trained on how to fight, hide, sneak, ignore pain, and be emotionless puppets. I walked out of the room and down multiple halls to the bedrooms. Due to the spike in members recently, I had to share my room with Lia. I didn’t mind it, I loved talking to her, but rarely had any time to. I opened the door and saw a note sitting on the bed.

When you get back, we’ll be in the training room.

-Lia

She’s an idiot, she shouldn’t have used her real name. I crossed it out and rewrote Raven, which is her name that they gave to her. Mine’s Wren, which, in my opinion, isn’t the worst. I crumpled up the note and turned to the mirror. I put my hair up into a perfect ponytail, which just made the pounding worse. For training, we had to wear a black jumpsuit and sneakers. I left the room and wormed my way through a crowd of younger kids to the door to the training room. I slipped in the room, and saw two girls running through an obstacle course. I scowled, I hated obstacle courses when I was younger, and still hate them now. Lia was at the back, staring at the instructors with a furious look. I walked up to her and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned to face me and grinned.

“I was wondering when you’d show up,” she whispered.

“It didn’t take that long.” I rolled my eyes.

“We need partners for this, I don’t care what you say, we’re being partners,” she said firmly.

“Whatever,” I sighed. “Quit smiling!” I snapped in a hushed tone. She elbowed me and glared. We waited for about three hours until everyone completed the course. Lia and I were the last ones and we stepped up. The instructor explained the course. He said that we would have to be chained together by one of our ankles, and climb a rope, walk through a mud puddle, climb a rock wall, and fight another person. Easy. We walked to the rope, and let the guy chain us together. He counted us down and we started. We completed the rope part in less than a minute and went to the mud part. I forced Lia to run so we could get out as fast as possible. I tried not to slip as we got out and ran to the rock wall. We put our hands and unchained legs on the wall then put our chained legs on one right in between us. Slowly but surely, we made our way up one side of the wall and down the other. Lia stumbled as we got down but quickly fixed herself. Now for the hard part, I waited for another trainee to step up, but to my surprise, the instructor walked in front of us. We prepared ourselves, and he rushed forward. We were ready. We sidestepped the man, and Lia elbowed him in the back. He fell to his knees and rolled out of the way before we could attack him. It was our turn now. We moved to him as one, and Lia pretended to punch him, so he held his hands up to block her, leaving me a clean shot. I punched him right underneath his jaw, and his head flew back. I felt a twinge of satisfaction, and Lia kicked him in the chest. He fell on his back and we stepped forward. Lia put a foot on his chest, basically pinning him down.

“Do you yield?” I asked.

“I yield,” he snapped. Lia let him up and he unchained us.

“Good job everyone!” he shouted, “go do whatever you want! Train, sleep, get drunk, I don’t care, just leave me alone!”

“Wow,” Lia muttered.

“Why would he do that? We’re supposed to have a schedule,” I muttered.

“Rosie,” she whispered in my ear, “are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

“Yes,” I sighed, “but I really don’t wanna be.”

Lia took the lead and followed him. I groaned and followed as well. We followed in into a dark hallway, until he went into his own room. We placed our ears to the door and heard him grumbling about some “stupid arrogant little girls.”

Lia grinned. Of course, he was upset that we beat him. We walked back, talking in whispers. Everyone was talking with each other and actually having a good time.

“I really wanna tell the Director and get that guy in trouble,” I said to myself.

“No you don’t!” Lia whined, “we get to actually be ourselves.”

“But it would be really funny,” I replied.

“True, but I just wanna be myself for a change,” she said.

“I honestly don’t care about anyone here, except for maybe you andRobin,” I said. She slapped my arm and glared.

“Rude,” she muttered "but anyways, I actually do wanna get him in trouble.” She was giddy with excitement. One look from me fixed her to be like the emotionless puppet that she was trained to be. We were about to head out when we saw Robin walk in. Lia whistled loudly to get his attention. He saw us and jogged over. “Hey,” she said.

“Hey,” Robin smiled. They kissed each other right in front of me and I sighed loudly.

“What’s wrong?” Lia asked, “are we not allowed to show affection?”

“No, your not," I replied. Lia made a face and Robin wrapped his arm around her shoulders and stuck his tongue out at me.

Why cant they just follow the rules? Why am I even friends with them?Thoughts like this filled my head. We continued walking and Robin kept pestering us and asking us what we were doing. Lia told him quickly before we reached the Directors office. I knocked on the door and it swung open immediately.

“What do you need?” the Director, a large man with a lot of muscles said. He had a clean shaven face and brown hair. He had black eyes and a crooked nose, which he had probably broken before. There were scars all over him unsurprisingly, it was obvious that he’d been in a lot of fights.

“One of the instructors got mad that we beat him in a fight," I said, gesturing to me and Lia, "so he said 'train, sleep, get drunk, I don’t care, just leave me alone!'”

“I’ll deal with him," he grumbled and shoved past us, “for now, wait in the training room.” Lia and Robin slipped ahead of me, while I walked slowly behind. When we entered the training room, we saw the Director scolding the instructor in front of everyone. Lia and Robin were grinning from ear to ear. I felt a bit of satisfaction but didn’t show it, since it’snotallowed. “Alright everyone!” the Director shouted, “since it’s almost time for bed anyway, you will get to go early if you wish! Otherwise, stay here and train.”

“Hey,” Lia called to me, "can you just wait in our room for me?”

“I’m going to go with Robin,” she winked, "and I want to have someone to talk to when I get back.”

“Whatever,” I muttered. Lia and Robin snuck away and I felt annoyed. Sooner or later, they will get in trouble for this, and I’ll feel no sympathy. I went to my room and just laid in bed. When I was younger, sometimes I would just cry and cry until I couldn’t produce anymore tears, and then I’d fall into nightmare after nightmare. Now, I just laid there, staring at the ceiling, waiting for sleep to take me. Just as I was about to close my eyes. Lia burst in, talking loudly about birds. I stared at her, and waited for her to finish. When she did, she frowned at me.

“Nothing?! Not even a glare?!” she said loudly.

“Nothing," I confirmed.

“I liked you more at ten," she muttered.

“I liked you more when you actually followed directions,” I replied evenly.

Her expression softened. “What made you change so much?” she asked kindly.

“An assassin doesn’t win by kind words or a helping hand. An assassin wins by being a ruthless killer," I replied, reciting what the Director had said.

“You’re pushing me and Robin away!” she shouted, “is that what you want?”

“No. No, it’s not. I want to stay close with you guys, but I’m trying to be an assassin, which barely leaves room for other people,” I said.

“Please, just try with me and Robin, just smile once, or laugh at a joke, or show some affection, please just try," she said pleadingly.

“I have tried before, but I just can’t do it,” I replied.

“Try again, I don’t care when, just please try,” Lia begged.

“Fine,” I muttered. I knew as soon as I said it that I couldn’t keep my promise.

“Goodnight,” she smiled.

“‘Night,” I said. My eyelids drooped and I fell asleep, into yet another nightmare.

7 мая 2022 г. 18:29 2 Отчет Добавить Подписаться
6
Прочтите следующую главу Five Years Back

Прокомментируйте

Отправить!
L. L. Bassett L. L. Bassett
I love it! I’m worried what’s going to happen next in the camp! I love lia :D

~

Вы наслаждаетесь чтением?

У вас все ещё остались 8 главы в этой истории.
Чтобы продолжить, пожалуйста, зарегистрируйтесь или войдите. Бесплатно!

Войти через Facebook Войти через Twitter

или используйте обычную регистрационную форму