muhammad-ghalib1596074066 Arceus

Eight has been a Rakhaire for over two hundred years, fighting against the evil spirits called Reekhs. His life, his existence has only one meaning, which is to protect humanity and maintain the cloak between the human world and the spiritual world. However, both worlds intertwine when a human called June can see through the cloak, exposing herself to the scavenging Reekhs. Now Eight has to become human to protect her and restore the balance of both worlds. However, the task proves rather more formidable than expected.


#13 in Триллер #8 in Темная фантазия Всех возростов.

#Mystery #Fiction #Thriller
9
20.0k ПРОСМОТРОВ
Завершено
reading time
AA Поделиться

Chapter 1:

The night was young and cold. The moon was glowing at the rear. I was sitting at the edge of the tallest building you could find in the Green city, observing the humans beneath. At this height, the city seemed like a carpet of lights. The highways appeared as if thousands of fireflies were flying through. The streets were bustling with people. I preferred this particular spot out of the others. It allowed me to see everyone and everything. To me, the world and lives of these thousands of people were nothing but a movie. Each living being had its own story to tell. But never did I cling to a single one. I was an observer. I was not meant to meddle. However, I still carried duties. While the mild night breeze blew, duty called far from where I was.

However, the distance was not a problem for me. I stood up and jumped from the top of the building. I rushed down at an immense speed. When I reached a particular height, I swung and flew straight to the destination that I was meant to reach. It took me approximately two minutes to arrive. It was a remote area. The streets were empty. Not many people around. Thick miasma was present in the air. I traced it down and found a drunk man, sluggishly walking down the street. His face was flush and his eyes were red and he reeked of miasma. Moments later, something started to emerge in the air.


It was a vicious, ugly beast. It was about 10 feet tall. Massive fangs, scarlet red eyes, huge claws, a long snake-like tongue. It resembled what humans would call an ogre. But more fierce and ghastly. The beast was growling with hunger. However, the man could neither sense nor see the beast. This is what we called a Reekh. Nasty parasitic, miasma feeding, beastly souls with an insatiable hunger. All they desired was a human body to inhabit. Humans who were in agony, engulfed in grief and sorrow. Those who hated their existence, drowning in darkness day after day, were their natural prey. Reekhs hunt them, devour their souls and possess their bodies.


My job was to protect the humans and stop it from happening. Which makes me a Rakaire, the Reekh killer. The Reekh growled and rushed at the man. The Reekh opened its huge claws to grab the man but before it did, I sliced its arm. The Reekh roared in agony. I appeared at the scene and created a Null zone. The null zone prevented the Reekh from harming anybody nearby. I stood face to face with the Reekh and gazed into its bloodthirsty eyes. Its arm rejuvenated in seconds and the Reekh dashed at me. Ferociously it attacked with its massive claws, cutting through the air at a monstrous speed. One mistake and I would have been sliced into bits.


However, the Reekh was not strong enough to take me down. I unsheathed my sword, waited for an opening. I sliced Reekh's left arm, spun and kicked it in the gut. The impact threw the Reekh across the street. I grabbed its head in mid-air and slammed it on the ground. The null zone prevented the Reekh from making any contact with the nearby hierarchies. I jumped back, the Reekh stood up, ready to attack again and surged at me like a wild animal. I whisked forward and punched the Reekh in the gut. Two more punches to the face and a roundhouse kick that tossed it away. The Reekh had started to grow weak with no miasma to feed on. I pierced my sword throw its massive body, destroying its core. Moments later, the Reekh turned to dust. I sheathed my sword.


After a while, the dimensional gate opened and my Grim Reaper appeared. I called him Ray.


"Hey, Ray. Been a while." I said


" It hasn't been that long Eight. Only two weeks. It's like moments ago for us." He answered.


"Yeah, I guess," I answered.


Time passed differently for us spiritual beings. Years seemed like days, decades like months.


"Oh this one is pretty nasty," Ray said as he gathered the soot-like remains of the Reekh. "He was a mafia boss, had killed many innocent people, raped fifteen women. He was killed by his right-hand man when he found out that he raped his sister."


"So straight to hell?" I asked.


"Possibly. Got to reconstruct his soul before he is judged at the court." Ray answered. "See you later Eight, keep up the good work."


"Thanks, Ray. Later then." I said.


Ray left. I dissolved the null zone and left the area to return to my spot. I am Eight. Incharge of keeping the human world free of Reekhs and maintaining the balance. There are many others like me. Hundreds of us, however, I am ranked Eighth among them. The lower your rank the stronger you are considered. I have been a Rakhaire for over two hundred years now. During this time, I killed around fifty-two thousand Reekhs. Based on my track record, I was promoted to the Eighth rank fifty years ago and moved to Green City. The previous Rakhaire was killed and I ended up annihilating the Reekh at fault. So I got his position. I didn't know much about my birth. Or you could say I am not supposed to know. All we Rakhaires need to know is that we must kill Reekhs and nothing else. We belong to the division of balance. Our job is to maintain the curtain between the spiritual world and the human world. Reekhs and ghouls were the creatures who disrupted this balance.


Both of them were once humans. They were the souls, who refused the court's invitation and did not move on. Over time, these souls haunt mankind, turn into horrible scavengers that feed on the miasma radiated by humans. My job is to trace them down and slay them. Afterwards, the Grim Reapers take their carcasses and reconstruct souls from the Reekhs to be judged at the court. Mostly Reekhs end up in hell, however, there have been cases where a few go to heaven. Or that is what Ray told me. I don't know much about the court, except that the Deity manages it. The Deity is the creator of all. He is the creator of souls and their designated vessels. He sends them down to the human world and later judges them when they die. The only thing that is predetermined is the birth and the death of the human. Subsequently, the Deity judges them based on their deeds. From there on, the soul either goes to heaven or hell.


Rakhaires are Deity's creation as well. We are the guardians. We have our king that we report to and who communicates to the Deity. None of the Rakhaires has ever seen or met the Deity. Except for Rakhaire zero, our King. The first Rakhaire, the one created at the beginning of life. We serve him. All we know are the rules and orders to be followed. Rakhaires can naturally sense the presence of Reekhs and ghouls. Ghouls are lesser and weaker than Reekhs. They are the ones who don't wanna possess rather just haunt the humans. Reekhs evolve from ghouls, as their insatiable hunger for the human body and miasma grows.


So this is me. I have no emotion, no will of my own except that which is given to me by the Deity. We are not meant to or even capable of defying the Deity. However, there have been incidents in the past where Rakhaires defied the Deity and were perished. Or when a Reekh manages to kill one. Otherwise we Rakhaires cannot die. Unlike humans, we don't age, need to feed or sleep to exist. We are immune to these weaknesses and necessities. Humans can neither sense nor see us. So it makes work easier. I spend my days and nights sitting at the top of the building, looking at humans and waiting for the next job. From a perspective of a human that is very mundane and dull. But if you ask me, I don't care. However, I didn't expect that a day would come where the course of my life would alter in such a bizarre way. It is when I met her.







17 октября 2021 г. 19:40 0 Отчет Добавить Подписаться
3
Прочтите следующую главу Chapter 2:

Прокомментируйте

Отправить!
Нет комментариев. Будьте первым!
~

Вы наслаждаетесь чтением?

У вас все ещё остались 17 главы в этой истории.
Чтобы продолжить, пожалуйста, зарегистрируйтесь или войдите. Бесплатно!

Войти через Facebook Войти через Twitter

или используйте обычную регистрационную форму