Conto
2
2.4mil VISUALIZAÇÕES
Em progresso
tempo de leitura
AA Compartilhar

Recovering Self-esteem: Outpatient

Feeling Capable

In order for a person to feel good, they must feel they are capable of doing things. One of the top priority and worries are on bills.

Manage Bills

  • Sort credit cards, bank cards into their own pile
  • Try to sort bills into categories: Bills are payable by cheques, auto deposits, bank transfer, wire transfer, and credit cards
  • Sort bills, then by its kind: monthly, annual, semi-annual, onetime cost.
  • Pay the one closest to the payment deadline first, and once paid, mark it paid and file it accordingly

Note which is reoccurring cost: monthly, annually, semi-annually, and which is future one lump sum cost.

  • Sort paycheck received by type: jobs, government grant, subsidized, trillium drug plan, etc
  • Date the day of the month your paycheck is coming in, and the number of days for the cash will be available for use.

Split annual cost item into 12 months, and save up those costs monthly prior to the date it charges your bank, credit cards or payment by cheque; and split the semi-annual cost into 6 months, and so on, and so on.


Save part of your incoming cash as emergency cash and for transportation costs. E.g. miss the bus that day and need a cab to run to work. Emergency money is important. It can save lives. E.g. some kind of accident and need an ambulance.


Cut down expenses


Therapeutic Activities

There can be many reasons why we feel we are incapable. And we need to identify areas that needed some help, then go and ask for the help we needed.


Some people may not be just ready to face their issues, with those people, they can try to relax and consume some therapeutic activities such as


Writing:

Positive journaling, make-believe journaling, story writing, writing poetry, writing skits.


Art:

Collage making, picture colouring, stickers and photo scrapbooks, colouring stones and glasses, painting pottery


Making:

Key & photo frame making, ring & necklace making, origami, arranging flowers, creating soap, herbal bags.


Music:

Listening to soothing music, singing, mixing tapes, creating fun music.


Participation:

Participate in guide imagery meditation, walking in woods, parks, waterfall, oceans, lakes, & enjoying four seasons, food play, getting a massage, participating in aquatic dance, dance stretches, singing


Doing:

Cooking, Gardening, Woodworking


Games:

Sudoku, word search, crosswords, etc.


For those who are more ready, they can try to do some conceptual board or visualization board, some goal settings, and free journaling


In journaling, focus on what you want to be changed, that you feel is possible. List what information and tools you already possess or have access to, and which information and tools are in need on which much research is needed to be done or much people talents are needed to be resolved.


To do so, you will need to know what you really want and what your needs are. By building a conceptual board, doing some goal settings and utilizing a visualization board. This might enable you to identify the change you want in your life at this moment in time.


A conceptual board can be a chart that has a right side and left side, or a mind map about your childhood, or your finances. The first step is to admit what is happening, and know it is okay sometimes to have some mistakes or downtime. The second step is to identify areas that are workable as the next steps is to clear the clutters.


We do not need to know every single detail from now till it is fixed. We only need to know what the next step is. What are the next logical steps are?


Once we can identify the area to be improved upon, we then do some free journaling. As stated at the beginning of this section, free journaling is focused on the positive side of the situation. What would be the next step you can change upon? To do so, you have to outline the possible hinders, so that you can identify a solution.


This step can be quite challenging and difficult. It is suggested to do a combination of free journaling and some relaxation techniques mentioned at the beginning of this subject.


You might want to use a visualization board. A visualization board is not a make-believe board. It is showing the progress you are making on the projects and your steps. It is an affirmation that will inspire you to think more positively outside the box- not just some cliche or collage board.


We all heard of goal settings. But what are goal settings?


Goal settings here mean something that you can outline actionable steps you can perform in the next week or two.

That relieves most of us since it is much more doable to plan for the next two weeks than the next few months.


Of course, we also need to have an ultimate goal for the month - to complete minimum steps of big steps.

Once we nailed our goals, then we go back to the conceptual map or free journaling again. And list out all possible contacts that may be helpful to help us to complete our goal and check if we can grab hold of them by phone or in person.


Looking up information

You can ask your doctors and nurses if they have referrals for some of the help that you may need contacts from. You can also ask your social workers and case managers, and phone government agencies to identify the steps and processes it is needed to acquire the needed help.


This process can be intimidating to some. Where you are not feeling comfortable doing any of the steps above, you can ask those who do the referral to help you out in some way to get hold of the information you needed. Such people can be doctors, nurses, social workers, or case managers, etc.


You can also use the World Wide Web, to locate some basic information, and seek people who can help you to follow up or make some of those calls and meeting arrangements.


On the Road

When people are being discharged in the first weeks or two, they might need some adjustment in how to bus around or drive around, again on the road. Please pay attention to your body signals; where needed, please ask for friends or neighbours to assist you to be familiarized yourself with your neighbourhood again.


From Here and On

3 Main Meals - in between meals: 2 cups of veggies/soups, or 3 snacks.

9 hours rest - rest can be full rest, such as sleeping, or just relaxing.

Self-care: hot tub or shower daily.

Exercise 30 minutes at a time, 3 times a week.


Final Words

Please utilize the community center, where there are many recreation programs available, and go to public library for a read, or to be online. Watch things that make you laugh and smile. Listen to what make you tickle and laugh. More Recreation. Affirmation and positive journal. And Keep Going.



Be Blessed,

Vivian So

16 de Novembro de 2021 às 19:10 0 Denunciar Insira Seguir história
2
Continua…

Conheça o autor

Comente algo

Publique!
Nenhum comentário ainda. Seja o primeiro a dizer alguma coisa!
~