If you want to become a better writer, or to be able to express your ideas and thoughts more clear, you need constantly grow and develop your skills. Otherwise you will end up with “crisis of creativity”. Listed exercises will help you to improve creativity and will be not only useful, but also very entertaining. They’re going to generate new interesting ideas and empower your way of thinking.
Following workout should be done in written form, and try to keep the exercises up to 10 min each.
· Close your eyes. Think about one of the objects in your room. Try to give it as many characteristics as you can, without opening your eyes. Then open your eyes and write down everything you remembered, and do not peek.
· Choose any poem that you like, and use last line as the first line of your own poem.
· Write what would you say to stranger who gave you a visit at 4 am.
· In 300 words describe a perfect place, where you would like to live.
· Write a story about an empty glass.
· Write about easiest/ toughest decision you have ever made.
· Imagine that you are in a room full of people, but you are the only one blind there. Describe the place and people around you.
· Look out the window and pick a stranger. Use 150 words to describe this person, way he/she looks, profession and habits.
· Think of the story that should include following words: beach, dog sitter, law and bun.
· Imagine that you are a Christmas tree and were just cut down. Describe your feelings.
· Write a monologue of a lonely tree that survived in a burnt forest.
· Think of a newspaper article using words: priest, money, cellar and kettle.
· Make a list of ten things you would sacrifice your last 10$ for, a week before payday.
· Write 8 daring reasons why a vendor of the antique store left his town.
These exercises will help you to boost your creativity and will improve your spontaneity in thinking. Good luck!27 de Outubro de 2016 às 00:00 2 Denunciar Insira 5