fatmata-barry Fatmata Barry

Lia wakes up in a world different from her own and faces her biggest fears.


Histoire courte Déconseillé aux moins de 13 ans.

#chasingdreams
Histoire courte
0
2.7mille VUES
Terminé
temps de lecture
AA Partager

The things I did

I woke up groggily. My head's foggy and my eyes take time to adjust to the darkness surrounding me. i'm in a room, but not mine, the bed is complex and there is no other furniture. I get up and feel around the room for a light switch.

Opening the door I enter a halway and scream in horror. My family, parents, brother, and sisters, are all lying on the floor in pools of blood. Dead. This has to be a dream. it can't be real. I went to bed yesterday before them but i'm pretty sure they went to bed. I pinch myself but I can't wake up. Shivers start rising up my spine. I have to get out of this place, I can't stay here anymore. I move around my family's bodies and get out through the front door. But instead of solid ground there's a deep hole and I fall in. I don't know where I am or what's happening but I have a bad feeling, I land hard on my stomach and something cuts my hand. it's a knife. I look around me and a cloaked figure comes towards me. it speaks in a deep voice. "Kill or get killed," they say "Your choice."

Then they leave me there and a gun suddenly appears in my hands. I pick up the knife not knowing what to do with the weapons in my possession. I check that the safety's on. My uncle showed me how to use guns before. I hear a loud thump, thump, thump behind me. Turning around, Im faced with a human. But theyre missing an arm and an eye. It gives me the chills. They hold a gun to my head and I freeze in fear. "Kill or get killed, the voice echoes in my head, I quickly turn off the safety point the gun at the person's heart and... shoot. I don't want to watch someone die so I turn and run the opposite way. There's an elevator but you know what happens in movies when people decide to use the elevators, so I take the stairs. Bad choice on my part because there's an army of clowns standing at the bottom. The clowns pull out purple orb-like things. I am not about to stay and find out what's going to happen.

I run, probably the fastest I ever had, back up the stairs and press the elevator button. The elevator is too slow and I can hear the clowns coming up behind me. No time to wait, we have to survive. I turn around and shoot, one, two, four, six, down.

But i'm out of bullets. I guess that's what the knife's for. I stab clowns left and right, killing them off but still getting hurt. When they're all dead I get nauseous and throw up. I HATE clowns. The elevator doors finally open and I go in. There are no buttons on the inside and the shaft starts moving down. The doors open to somewhere outside. The world as I know it is gone though. There is wreckage everywhere and dead bodies lying around. I start to walk, looking for people. It looks like there might have been an attack or something. I still can't find anyone who isn't dead though. Don't tell me i'm the only person living right now. I know I should be happy but im not. I don't want to live in a world all alone. And eventually I will die anyway. My knees start to shake and I fall to the ground in a weeping ball.

I feel something touch my back and shriek in fear. "Shh," says a male voice

There's a guy with dirty blond hair and ocean eyes. He was gorgeous. Ok get it together, You're somewhere where everyone is dead but you and this random dude. You can not be thinking about guys right now. "We don't want them to come back." says the guy "Who are you? I ask. "Hunter, you" he asks, "Lia," I reply.

"What happened?" I ask

"You don't know? I shake my head, "The government tried a new antidote for Covid 19 but people got sick within an hour and died. They shipped it out to the whole town before finding out what happened though." Hunter explains

"Wait so why weren't you affected?" I question

"I was at my grandparent's house in the town close by but I heard about it on the news and came to find survivors."

He doesn't ask how I wasn't affected, thank god because I wouldn't have an answer. "So what do we do now?" I ask

"I guess we just sit and talk." He says. Turns out we have a lot in common, I've never met a guy like that. Well maybe because I don't talk to guys much. I'll share a little secret with you but you can't tell anyone. I'm scared to fall in love. And really I just realized that all the things that's happend to me are all things I was scared of. Like my family dying or doing something bad like murder. I hate clowns as you already know and if you couldn't guess, I'm scared to be alone. Maybe this is really a dream. Hopefully because I don't want to be all alone in the world. Hunter and I get up and walk to the river. I take off my sneakers and dip my feet in the water. "Want to go for a swim?" Hunter asks

"Umm, sure."

He takes off his shirt and sweat pants and jumps in. I laugh at how silly he looks and I take off my shirt and shorts and it's kind of like we're at a beach. Oh I wish. It'd be better with lots of people. We splash each other with water and it's super fun. But then it dies down and everything becomes serious again. We know we're both thinking the same thing without saying a word. What are we going to do in a town all alone? We could go to another one but we needed supplies. I start to feel dizzy and my eyes close. When I open them again I'm on my bed. The one I fell asleep on. It was just a dream. But when I look at my right hand, I see the gun. Shining with all it's glory.


28 Mai 2023 14:11 0 Rapport Incorporer Suivre l’histoire
0
La fin

A propos de l’auteur

Fatmata Barry A middle schooler in love with reading and writing. I accept criticism and advice if you have any so feel welcome to comment.

Commentez quelque chose

Publier!
Il n’y a aucun commentaire pour le moment. Soyez le premier à donner votre avis!
~