danyella-raine Danyella Raine

Hey! I'm Dani✨️ passionate about cooking and home decor, but most importantly, SELF-LOVE and Cuddling your Life to the fullest. I'll be posting weekly tips and posts as I continue my self-love and Sobriety journey in hopes to inspire others the same way others have inspired me❤️


Récits de vie Tout public.

#["lifestories selflove selfcare sobriety"]
1
2.5mille VUES
En cours - Nouveau chapitre Tous les jours
temps de lecture
AA Partager

Becoming Sober

First and foremost, thank you to the person reading this post right now. I have high hopes that when you’re finished, if not already, that you’ll feel motivated to be a better you in all aspects of your life.

I started my self love, Sobriety and celibacy journey on April 6, 2021 and it was honestly the best thing I’ve done for myself and my family. I stopped drinking, smoking cigarettes and having sex cold turkey. The alcohol and cigarettes were the only hard part for me. I could do without the sex, and I’ll get into that reason later on. I had to learn to deal with my deep issues and just the normal life obstacles head on and SOBER. Instead of using alcohol, I turned to music and my family, which were both a major part of my life anyway, but around that time of my life, they were both literally everything to me. Calmed me down, helped me sleep, made me happy, anything positive, that’s what family and music did for me. As far as becoming celibate, easy, but very hurtful. Somemay be TMI, but it is my truth and I hope it can help others. Also, I am an opened book so if you have any comments or questions, FEEL FREE to email me at [email protected].


Long story short, April 5, 2021, I met up with someone who I thought was a friend. We were drinking and having a good time and I figured I was safe with him until he realized how drunk I was so I’m guessing that was a green light for people like him to try to take advantage. I was on my cycle at the time, and I remember telling him no, I’m on my period. That didn’t stop him. I laid there too drunk to continue trying to get him off of me, next thing I woke up in my bed. One of the scariest moments in my life. Between him having sex with me and me waking up at home, I can’t tell anyone what happened at all. Now my emotions are all over the place. I’m sitting trying to wreck my mind about everything that happened. I was upset, sad, confused, angry, hurt, all of that. That is the day I decided to stop everything cold turkey. I didn’t want a man touching me, looking at me, talking to me. From that day forward I haven’t had a drink, a cigarette, a sex partner, a boyfriend, anything for a year and 1 month. I just wanted to be alone. I wanted to learn to love myself because if I did, which I didn’t back then, then I would have chose better people to be in my life. I did blame myself at one point like maybe if I didn’t get so drunk he wouldn’t have done that or I could’ve did better at fighting him off of me. Then I learned to not blamemyself as that is victim blaming, but I did have to take some accountability for myself. I could have been doing so much better and I wasn’t using my full potential which caused me to make dumb decisions. I’ve learned SO MUCH about myself within that year. Majority of people I knew then, I don’t know anymore and it’s simply because they don’t deserve the healed me and I literally haven’t spoke to or saw those people since. I choose kind people now and I know better and see signs aka red flags so clear now. I took control of my life. A year and a month into my Sobriety journey, I had a bottle of wine. BAD IDEA. I thought I could handle it and I had control over it this time around…no…but that goes along with me learning everything I did the first time around. I slipped, and once I saw that this was becoming an issue, I stopped…COLD TURKEY…God showed me the signs April 19, 2023 at 12:00am. I took those signs and made the decision again to take control of my life, but this time 100xs better and with more knowledge this time around. I can say it also helps knowing what I know now about the steps I have to take, the steps I WANT to take for myself to become a better version of me, knowing I have my supportive family in my corner if needed and a God fearing man by my side who’s willing to go on this journey with me. Instead of I being a hurtful thing like my first time, this time around I feel 100% positive.


So follow me on this journey of me Cuddling my Life. My life stories will get deep and emotional, but I am still here to write this post because I am strong and I am a fighter❤️ If not already, I’m positive that I can help you cuddle with your life also. Love yourself, be gentle with yourself, be kind to yourself and protect your peace. See you next week✨️



21 Avril 2023 11:50 0 Rapport Incorporer Suivre l’histoire
1
À suivre… Nouveau chapitre Tous les jours.

A propos de l’auteur

Commentez quelque chose

Publier!
Il n’y a aucun commentaire pour le moment. Soyez le premier à donner votre avis!
~

Histoires en lien