joheier Samantha Jo Heier

After viruses and war the United States has been divided off into 14 different territories. Living in peace for years, shifters start going missing throughout the territories and eventually the takeover of an entire state. War is rising and innocent shifters pay the price for it. Fenryr loves his wife and family but will he find them and save them?


Post-apocalyptique Interdit aux moins de 18 ans.

#romance #drama #apocalyptic #fantasy #shifter # #werewolf
2
7.4mille VUES
En cours - Nouveau chapitre Tous les jeudis
temps de lecture
AA Partager

So Hold my Hand

Barmi, Nei


Bumping up and down on the dirt road, around them the woods lit up with the sound of night creatures, the crunching of the gravel underneath them joining in. Every so often, Lennox, the mule would pipe up, along with the wind that offered some relief from the hot summer that plagued them even at night. Fenryr had spent the day trading and a good portion of the afternoon drinking with his friend Mathan. Losing track of the time and making them have to travel later than he originally wanted to. Next to him in the wagon, Seath, his 14-year-old son vented vehemently about another wolfkin, Garin.


"Dad, he did it on purpose, he tripped me because Basil was watching," He took in a deep breath, releasing it, furrowing his brows in frustration.


Their state, Nei, didn't thrive with wolfkin anymore, some had paired off with other kin, leaving them unable to produce children. Basil was a nice girl, the few times he had met her. Intelligent, bright, and bubbly, but she was a harekin. He wanted his sons with another wolfkin, Anneliese, his wife, didn't care either way. Leaving him to keep his opinions to himself on the matter.


Once upon a time they lived in packs and kept to themselves but that had changed after years of progress and the division of the 14 states. With his old pack separating his family had ended up in Nei. His parents lived in Fallhallow, with a few of his siblings, Annas parents lived in Verdiani, the 14th state. They didn't see them as much over the last few months but hopefully, that will change soon.


“I'm sure it was an accident, plus you and Basil have known each other for years. She has seen you fall plenty of times,” Fenryr attempted to reassure Seath but from the eye roll, he knew it wasn't going well.


Garin was a bigger wolfkin than Seath, even though they were the same age, and he enjoyed tormenting him because of it. From the look of Seaths little blue eyes and his radiating frustration, there was going to be a fight over it.


“It wasn't an accident!” His arms flung around in frustration. “Now he is going to get to hang out with her while we are gone.”


Fenryr sighed, it was difficult being 14, Anna and he didn't make it any easier by building their house so far away from Barmi. Seath only visited the town once a week so he doesn't get to spend much time with his friends. He seemed to direct most of that anger at him.


“We will visit Hemming in a few days, its not that long,”


Hemming is Anna and his oldest son who moved to Barmi, one of the larger towns in their state. Altogether there are about five larger towns in the state, and each of those towns has a leader that reports to the head of the state, Barmis leader was William Stewart. An older stagkin who worked hard to keep their state neutral and working together.


It was almost completely dark, looking over to Seath, Fenryr could see him sulking. Letting out a sigh, he leaned over, turning the knob, a dull light came across them and a few feet over the road. Doing the same with the one closest to him, it had the same effect.

It wasn't much light but he knew there wasn't much further to go, then his next challenge was upon him. When Lennox stopped, he noticed that there was nothing.

No noise from bugs.

Nothing from the birds.

There was nothing whatsoever.

A tingling overtook his ears, straining for the slightest bit of noise, as hairs stood up across his body.


"What's going on?" A hushed voice interrupted his concentration, sensing a change in the air around them.


Fenryr reached his hand up to his lips telling Seath to remain quiet. Gently tapping the reign, Lennox moved forward, knowing the tone. Even he shuffled as quietly as he could the rest of the way.

With not much left to the ride, Fenryr couldn't tell if his nerves were for getting home, or the lack of noise from the woods around them. Above them the moon crept above the trees, releasing beams of light through them. Hitting the trail around them, reflecting it in Seaths eyes as he watched the woods around them, silently. Lennox turned taking them up the road that led to their house, mostly to his small enclosure.


Their house was a small log home he had made when Anneliese and he first moved here. It has a loft for Anna and him, a kitchen with room for a table, and Seaths room off the kitchen. It took several years for them to get the house to how it was now, finding the perfect spot, clearing it, and then putting the house together. Now Anna wanted another room, Seath wants to move completely and he just wanted to leave to go fishing.

With Lennox stopping in front of his small house, Fenryr got out to put him away, it wasn't much but it had enough room for the black mule to eat and rest before tomorrow when he would be helping to move wood around.


“Take the bags to your mom Seath,” Fenryr commanded, still feeling uneasy about their travel tonight.


Seath made a disgruntled noise while rolling his eyes and grabbing the bag to leave. Fenryr watched him as he walked up the pathway, a small light showed the way as Anna had left one lantern in front of the door hanging off a hook and the upstairs window open. Turning the cart so it was out of the way of the stable, he headed up the path to the house, grabbing the lantern off of the hook. Setting it on the table he started taking the different items of food out of the bag, some clothes, and a toy he found. Behind the door, off of the kitchen, he could hear Seath and Anna talking to each other. Not trying to listen too closely, several minutes went past, and then Anna stepped out, smiling, shaking her head. Till she saw him.

Her smile faded and then she glowered at him, sticking her finger up, she pointed at him.


“Why. Are. You. Late.” Every word was pensive, there was no question truly involved in this discussion.

In the dim lighting he could see, he could see her finger moving back and forth. Her dark hair pulled back in a loose braid sashaying left and right on her back. The heat in the house rose as her small hands went to her hips, her light blue tank top just barely covering her last month of pregnancy, Black shorts hung to the sweat on her olive-toned skin.

Sitting still, he wasn't sure how to answer her question, he got caught up with his friend, and that wasn't acceptable. Mathon, his friend, was a bearkin who lived on the other side of Barmi, could out drink anyone, and enjoyed proving it. Tonight, he was having a serious conversation though and Fenryr felt he needed to be part of it.

“You know I hate when Seath is our late at night, ferals have picked up, what were you going to do if a pack attacked you?’’ Anna went back to her finger pointing taking a step closer to him.

Fenryrs mind trickled back to earlier when he thought something was following them on the road, pushing it out, he walked away to the table grabbing a chair and sitting down. Starting to take off his boots.

‘’It was fine, I was right there and could handle it,” Standing back up, he started taking off his pants, attempting to avoid his wife's gaze which were slits now. “Seath was with Basil, you know how that is.”

He was going to try to shrug it off, her eyes reflected the night as she crossed her arms, raising a disgruntled eyebrow. ‘Really because Seath said he was waiting for an extra thirty minutes while you and Mathon drank.”

Damn traitorous child.

He always favors his mother.

Uncrossing her arms, Anna walked past him, silently. She could hear her cold footsteps loudly going up the stairs to their bedroom. Fenryr glared at his sons before standing up, walking over, and knocking on it.

“Goodnight, love you,” He said through the door before waiting for a minute.

He didn't get a reply, not pushing it he went to turn the lanterns off and went up the stairs. Anna had turned all the lanterns off, so it was dark, but he could see the bed that was placed underneath the open windows, and the dressers set on both sides of the bed. On his side was a bassinet he had set up a few days prior. Sitting on his side of the bed Anna was lying on her side away from him. He didnt enjoy making her angry, and he knew about the ferals picking up because Mathon and hi m were talking about it. Laying down on top of the covers, he placed his arm above his head.

“I knew about the pick up in activity, Mathon saw them a few days ago. They were wandering around his property in the woods. He ended up being able to scare them off.’’

Anna rolled over sighing “ He probably didnt scare them off though, they tr avel in packs and they arent mindless. They plan out things.”

Grabbing onto her, he pulled her into his arms, cradling her, he knew she was right but he had planned on not doing it again. With the months heading into winter though, it will be harder as the nights fall faster on them.
“I might have to go to Barmi without you or Seath for awhile, just until we can figure out whats going on.” Grabbing onto her hand, he brought it to his lips “ Love you Anna.”

“Love you too.”

After a few minutes, Fenryr knew she was asleep but laid awake, laying in the darkness.

Nothing, there still wasnt a single sound, no crickets, no birds, not even a flutter of a bat. Closing his eyes he rubbed them and persuaded himself go to go to sleep.



31 Octobre 2022 18:33 0 Rapport Incorporer Suivre l’histoire
2
Lire le chapitre suivant Fire, fire, shits on fire

Commentez quelque chose

Publier!
Il n’y a aucun commentaire pour le moment. Soyez le premier à donner votre avis!
~

Comment se passe votre lecture?

Il reste encore 8 chapitres restants de cette histoire.
Pour continuer votre lecture, veuillez vous connecter ou créer un compte. Gratuit!

Moviane
Moviane

After plague and death the united states has been divided into 14 territories and renamed Moviane. Year's of peace have overcame the land only to be interrupted to missing people and eventually the destruction of the state of Nei. En savoir plus Moviane.