olivia-nixon- Liv Nixon

It was supposed to have just been a drive home from a field trip.


Post-apocalyptique Déconseillé aux moins de 13 ans.
1
2.5mille VUES
En cours - Nouveau chapitre Tous les 30 jours
temps de lecture
AA Partager

Chapter 1

It was a great day for a school field trip. It was fall, yet summer still hung on not wanting to let go. We all wore shorts and t-shirts and fanned ourselves with stray peices of paper. The noises of all the kids laughing and talking filled the bus.

I sat near the back reading a book my brother had given to me for my birthday. Another girl sat beside me, she'd always been super quiet, which I was fine with. I enjoyed the quiet, and I appreciated those who respected it.

"May," Said the girl in front of me as she leaned over the back of her seat, "Wanna come over to my house afterwards?"

"Sure, why not." I replied.

"Sweet! Dad put up the rope swing at the creek and I'm sure it's warm enough to use it."

"That sounds pretty cool, I'll grab my swimsuit from my house and run over to yours afterwards."

The girl, Rebecca, turned back around and started chatting with another girl beside her. I sighed, I really hadn't wanted to do anything after school, but I hated saying no. I went back to my book and drowned myself in the words. The outside world went quite as the fictional world took over.

Someone behind me rudely pulled me from my book reading when they kicked the back of my seat. I closed my book annoyed, I began to turn around to see who kicked, when something hit the roof of the bus making a little 'Ping!'. I looked up and saw a small dent protruding from the yellow roof. Then another thing hits it, but this one comes through the roof, into the bus and hits the top of a seat. The girl sitting there shrieked when it hit. I raced over to the seat and looked at what had just fallen. A rock the size of my fist was embedded in the seat and was smoking.

"What's going on back there?!" called the bus driver. Before anyone could answer, a rock shot through the window shield and knocked him through the heart. All caos broke out, kids were screaming, the bus drivers foot still pressed against the peddle making the bus speed up, and rocks were still flying into it.

A boy ran to the driver and pulled him off the seat, he jumped into it and began to drive like a mad man toward the woods.

"Get under your seats!" I screamed, but no one heard me over their own yells. I grabbed the nearest person and shoved them underneath a seat. "Stay!" I commanded and ran to the next kid. Eventually most of everyone understood and climbed beneath the seats. There were still a few too shocked to move themselves and needed my help.

I finally got everyone under and the only one still out was the boy, who drove through the long field for the woods, and the body of the driver.

We drove through potholes, which made the bus jostle around violently. The bus dropped into a deeper pothole suddenly and my head slammed into the bottom of the seat I layed underneath. Immediately after hitting my head, I lost consciousness.

6 Février 2023 03:13 0 Rapport Incorporer Suivre l’histoire
1
À suivre… Nouveau chapitre Tous les 30 jours.

A propos de l’auteur

Commentez quelque chose

Publier!
Il n’y a aucun commentaire pour le moment. Soyez le premier à donner votre avis!
~

Histoires en lien