witcheryn Eryn Leana

A post-apocalyptic vampire novel. Approximately a century ago, the vampires rose up. Their old gods restored by a ruthlessly cunning young vampire. After millennia of hiding and creating myths surrounding things such as Romania and garlic, they rose up to claim the Earth. Humanity responded by attempting to create hybrid super soldiers and thus the ferals were born. Billions of them now roam the wilderness, immortal, always starving, always hungry and targeting both humans and vampire alike. Erich is a young woman living on the castle plantation of Lord Alin. A human kept in captivity to either be bred or consumed by the divine lords. She lives and presents as a male in an attempt to avoid the breeding program. Her life is turned upside down, in a good way, when Lordess Emeria arrives. She is the daughter of the Grand Divine himself. One of the most powerful vampires in existence, and she doesn't care for the way Lord Alin runs his plantation.


Post-apocalyptique Tout public.
1
1.4mille VUES
En cours - Nouveau chapitre Toutes les semaines
temps de lecture
AA Partager

Prologue

(VERY VERY VERY VERY Rough First Draft!!!! Negative feedback welcome~!)

The tracks hummed as the train flew over them, held aloft by magnetism. Quiet and fast. A necessity to avoid provoking the ferals roaming the lower lands where they can breath.

Erich looked up from her seat in one of the middle train cars as a statuesque woman, seemingly chiseled from marble, stepped into the car. Her crystalline purple red eyes sparkled in the beams of light sifting in between the needles of the short pines.

Erich hopped up as the beautiful woman gracefully walked towards her, ever so in control of her body, she seemed to be walking on a surface that wasn't moving and twisting.

A flash of sharp teeth greeted Erich as the woman grinned at her.

"You're looking tasty today" the taller woman almost purred teasingly, the grin still plastered on her face.

"Honestly Emeria, you're such a tease" Erich replied.

Emeria opened her mouth to reply, but then she suddenly turned her head to look towards the direction of the forest clearing rapidly coming up in front of the train. While Erich could barely see anything, she knew Emeria's eyes and nose could detect people and objects from dozens of kilometers away.

"What's wrong?" Erich asked, nearly hopping from her, and almost immediately being tossed to the side as something heavy hit the side of the train.

She was about to slam into the window, but Emeria's divine reflexes held her before she could even see it. The only hint that she'd move at all was the bouncing in her silver and white curls.

"Would it be inappropriate to say this feels nice?" Erich spoke before she could stop herself.

Emeria only grinned again in response, and gently sat her back in her seat, her delicate arms hiding the immense strength she held. Before Erich could utter another world, Emeria was gone in an instant, the door at the end of the car broken.

Erich hadn't been instructed to stay seated, so despite the current rumbling of what should be a smooth train ride, she stood from her seat to try and see what was going on as they cleared the tree line and headed into the open around Flathead Lake.

That was when she saw it. The destroyed wall down the road, and the sea of shambling figures rushing in through the gap.

"Ferals!" She gasped. The thought to try and chase down Emeria to warn her came to mind, but then she noticed the shadows being cast on the other side of the train. Two large vampiric divine figures fighting on top of the train. One feminine, the other not.

Was she seeing things?

The loud thud, shudder of the train, and denting above her said no.

Erich watched intently at the large shadows lengthening on the open ground above, trying her best to ignore the sea of ferals working its way towards the raised tracks of the train.

The shadows shifted and warped as they started to pass over Flathead Lake. She could no longer tell which of the figures was Emeria. One of them had pinned the other to the roof of the train above, pushing in the metal of the car above, threatening to break open the pressurised cabin.

Erich tried not to think about that and trusted in her mistress as they rapidly made their way to the lake.

The pristine and calm waters of Flathead lake formed waves not unlike an ocean as the train blasted overhead like a rocket. It was no longer a quiet nor smooth ride.

Erich took but a moment to glance towards the back of the train, and the ferals trying to scramble their way up the pillars supporting the train tracks.

"Thank the divine lords they're not smart enough to pile on top of each other and climb up here" she said to herself with a sigh of relief.

That moment of respite was short lived as she turned her head again to see a new shadow approaching the two fighting forms, and then one of them flew off the back of the train. Erich gasped. Emeria had no divine allies in this area.

"Lord Alin!" she nearly spat as she rushed from the cabin to the next, and the next after that, desperately trying to make her way to the back of the train to see if her mistress was okay. It had to be him. Only he would be so hate filled as to flood the lands of another Divine Lord with ferals.

She didn't have time to question where he had found an ally, as she verified with her own eyes it was Emeria slamming down into the tracks behind the train.

"Emeria..." she cried softly as the train wobbled, knocking her to the side again. Only this time her mistress was not there to catch her. She hit the side of the train. Hard. Her vision almost immediately fogged and she nearly blacked out, but through a will she didn't even know she had, she pulled herself up and tried making her way towards the front of the train and the other humans.

"The other humans..." she let out with the sudden realisation she could hear their screams. She tried to pick up the pace. She made it all of a few steps ahead of her before the pressurised cabin in front of her was depressurised by a chunk of the metal roof being torn off.

The train buckled. She was tossed to the side again, only in the other direction. As the tracks curved ever so slightly towards the other end of the lake, she could see the ferals congregating on the hill the tracks ran towards.

Would it really end like this? It couldn't end like this!

The train buckled again and Erich was tossed into the roof this time. Her vision faded as it lifted from the tracks and a shadow flew overhead from behind the train. She felt weightless for a moment, seemingly frozen in air, and then the floor rushed up to meet her.

She blacked out.

As she started coming to, the sun was on the opposite side of the sky, and she could see the wreckage of the train before her. So many bodies, both human and vampire were in piles beside the zigzagged wreckage coming up the hill towards... them.

Erich realised she was being held in Emeria's arms. She looked up at the youthfully beautiful face of the Divine Lordess, her mistress. Eyes sparkling, Emeria was looking all around them, a deadly serious look on her face. That was when Erich took note of the moving bodies around them.

Hundreds of moving bodies. Hundreds of feral moving bodies.

Emeria was standing on top of a piece of train wreckage that had landed on a rock outcropping halfway up the hill on the north side of the lake. A place of temporary safety, but Erich could now see what had someone as powerful as Emeria looking so serious; hundreds of ferals were trying to make their way to them.

"Oh my divine..." Erich let loose from her lips without thinking, causing Emeria's face to soften a bit as she looked down at her.

"It seems our holiday has been interrupted..." she said with a grin.

Erich couldn't help but laugh. Even in a situation such as this, Emeria was effortlessly charming.

Emeria returned her gaze to the ferals, and returned it to sternness.

There was no escaping this. Even a Divine Lord couldn't possibly fight this many ferals, unless perhaps... that was when Erich had a thought. She had never seen her mistress feed on a human, despite the power that comes from it. Maybe, just maybe.

"Emeria..." she cooed softly.

A sparkle entered the Divine Lordess' eyes despite herself, and she turned her face fully towards Erich's, held like a child in her powerful - if skinny - arms.

That had her attention!

"What if you..." Erich began, but Emeria cut her off.

"I swore to never feed on a human again, before you were even born." she replied without hesitation. Though, despite her verbal protests, the fangs in her mouth grew ever so slightly. And a hint of watering formed. The hunger was still there.

Erich lifted her head to reveal the almost cyan coloured veins beneath her unusually pale neck. "Do it" she cooed.

Emeria closed her eyes as her fangs grew even more. She knew there was no other way, for she needed the power of the blood to escape them from such a situation.

"Decades..." She whispered, eyes still closed.

"Just a snack" Erich replied somewhat teasingly, closing her own eyes as Emeria's soft face and bouncy locks lowered towards her neck. How she wished for another kind of kiss....

(Chapter 1 starts approximately a month before these events, at the Castle of Lord Alin - built in the Western US Mountains by the first few hundred livestock.)

3 Septembre 2022 13:10 0 Rapport Incorporer Suivre l’histoire
1
À suivre… Nouveau chapitre Toutes les semaines.

A propos de l’auteur

Eryn Leana Hi~! I'm Eryn Leana, a disabled but dedicated writer/worldbuilder! Please eviscerate my writing! I want to be the very best there ever was, or maybe just really good. One of those works.

Commentez quelque chose

Publier!
Il n’y a aucun commentaire pour le moment. Soyez le premier à donner votre avis!
~

Histoires en lien