S
Saffiya Abdulaleem


join Morgan, a happy, fun-loving girl, and her pessimistic twin Myles on a journey to save New York from a bomb that is planned to drop on the state.


Post-apocalyptique Tout public.

#301 #381
Histoire courte
1
1.2mille VUES
Terminé
temps de lecture
AA Partager

The beginning and the end.

The two look at each other with hope in their eyes, something they have not felt in years. Morgan, a peppy, happy-go-lucky girl, and her twin brother Myles, who usually called her crazy thinking that there was hope for the world, were on their way home from a meeting. They had found fresh water and had decided to keep it to themselves.

They look around the wasteland that was once NYC, making sure no one had seen what they had found. After a lot of struggling, they had finally got the time capsule to their secret hideout, "Weeeee! What do you think is inside? maybe food, or even more water? "Morgan squeaked. Myles rolled his eyes and told his sister, "I dought that anything of significance is inside this thing." "Well, we've gotta open it! what if it saves our lives one day!" Morgan responded. "Fine..." Myles sighed.

The kidz opened the strange cylinder and discovered an unusual device, a box with an antenna and speaker. "What do you think it is?" Morgan asked Myles, "Shh, Morgan! You know we have to keep our voices down, or else-" Myles stops himself there; he doesn't dare say the name of the group that murdered their family. "Let's go somewhere else, somewhere more private." Morgan doesn't question her brother; she knows too well what dangers lie in the shadows.

They make their way to a cave that they found. Sitting On the icy, wet mud on the ground, the two inspect the device. Morgan turned the two knobs on the machine and started hearing talking. "Myles, I think I found something!". Myles sits down next to his sister. The two listen to the broken voices, so broken it's almost impossible to make out their words.

Morgan keeps turning the knobs until she hears a voice. "The bomb will land in New York City at midnight.", the voice on the other end said. "Bomb!?" Morgan shouted, her voice echoing in the dark, hollow cave. "Calm down, Morgan. Someone might hear us." Myles half-yelled. "We have to evacuate-" Morgan said; *rustle* they hear a noise, "It's coming from that bush!" Myles pointed at a bush near the cave. *Rustle* the kidz jerk back every sound they hear, *rustle* *rustle* fear fills the two until they see what has been hiding in the bushes; outcomes a creature that resembles a rabbit, a rabbit with glowing eyes, antlers, and sharp teeth that are like those of a dog or wolf. The twins let out a sigh of relief, "just one of those." Morgan said, almost forgetting about the bomb; Myles stood up, "come on, we've gotta warn everyone!". The two take off, feet as fast as lightning.

When they arrive, the twins gather everyone and tell them what they had found. At first, they call them crazy.- the twins aren't very trustworthy; they lied to too many important people. - until one man stands up, Jace Fitzgerald, the head of the most powerful group in the city. "I may not trust you much, but you two don't seem like the type to lie about something so serious, not as serious as a bomb." "I'll agree to help you, but on one condition." he looks at the two with a suspicious face "show me where you found this information." The twins took him and his gang to the cave and showed him the radio. They tune in to the same signal that they did before. This time, however, it wasn't the same voice. Instead, it sounded like a computer reading a message, the same report the person said before. Now that they've earned Jace's trust, they all go to the time capsule and look at other things that are inside. They find smaller handheld versions of the radio, guns, and a kitchen knife. They gave half of the small radios to the people they were staying in NYC.

The group set out on their journey, one full of dangers and trials.

They walk through forests, climb mountains, and go through tunnels until they get to where the radio signal was coming from, an underground bunker, what seemed to be a tornado shelter. They walked down the steep, solid stone staircase and found far more than a tornado shelter; it was more so an entire house! "Imagine if we lived here!" Morgan said, basking in the glory of the bunker. They walked down a hallway until they reached a door. The door had a pin code, "Jammed." said Jace while trying to open the door. "There's gotta be some clues around here; no one can remember a passcode," said Morgan looking around the hall, "Come on!". Myles sighed and followed his twin sister, Jace, and his group close behind. They look high and low; though thick and thin until they find a note that reads: "21 14 4 5 18 20 8 5 16 1 9 14 20 9 14 7," they write each number as the letter it corresponds to in the alphabet "Under the painting!" Morgan beamed. They look under every painting until they find a note with the pin code on it. They type in the code, and the door unlocks! "you kidz know your stuff." said Jace, walking through the door.

Once they're in the room, they look around and find the dashboard that is directing the bomb. Henery (one of Jace's followers) went to the dashboard and tried to stop the bomb but to no avail. Myles shoved him aside and stopped the bomb; right before midnight.

The group let out a sigh of relief. On their way back home, Myles whispered to Morgan, "Remember what the cylinder we found said, 'He will prevail.'." She did remember, though she thought it was strange, "it's almost as if it knew... or even, they knew. I'm sure that it was meant for us as; if it was our destiny." As they travel down the road that leads to the city, they see everyone- young and old -Sharing food and water and praying that they succeed.

Myles smiled at his sister and said, "I guess the capsule, and you were right. Humanity will prevail."

9 Février 2022 08:13 0 Rapport Incorporer Suivre l’histoire
0
La fin

A propos de l’auteur

Commentez quelque chose

Publier!
Il n’y a aucun commentaire pour le moment. Soyez le premier à donner votre avis!
~