nitaawrites Monita Quaye

A forbidden attraction grows even more complicated when Brooklyn Emerson's high school boyfriend, Sterling McGregory becomes her boss and moves into her house, things are bound to get complicated. With only a thin wall separating their bedrooms, the two try to ignore the undeniable chemistry between them, which is made all the more complicated by the fact that Sterling has a hot girlfriend. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦? Brooklyn's life is turned upside down the week her billionaire boss and CEO of Sterling & Co. moves into her house. Now with him living in her house, there's only a thin wall separating their rooms, making it harder and harder to deny their forbidden sexual attraction-an attraction made all the more forbidden by Sterling's long-term girlfriend and soon to be fiancee, Maiah Peterson who also happens to be one of Brooklyn's best friends. Torn between her feelings for Sterling and her friendship with Maiah-not to mention her desire to keep the peace at home-Brooklyn tries to forget Sterling by getting involved with his cousin. As the two become even more closer and start to open up about the traumas in their respective pasts, Brooklyn begins to question her conviction that her ex's cousin is just a distraction. Tensions rise when Brooklyn is forced to unravel her feelings for both men and face the truth of who she truly wants. Hearts will be broken and backs will be stabbed in this crazy journey of Brooklyn Emerson and Sterling McGregory. All Rights Reserved. ©Monita Quaye.


Romance Suspense romantique Tout public. © All rights reserved. ©Monita Quaye

#funny #romcom #inkspiredstory #romance #billionaire #exes #rich #house #paparazzi #company #girlfriend #steamy #sexy #man #woman #bestfriend #writersaward #verification #inkspired
1
3.1mille VUES
En cours - Nouveau chapitre Tous les dimanches
temps de lecture
AA Partager

1|ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ

Chapter One

"Brooklyn, Mr McGregory wishes to see you in his office." Mel Gibson, my boss's PA informs me. I nod my head and neatly pack the mail I was about to go through back into the in-tray on my desk. After taking deep breaths, I used my palms to iron out the creases that formed on my pencil skirt from sitting down for long. Following Mel to his office, she knocked lightly before ushering me inside.

My breath hitched in my throat as I met his icy blue orbs. Sterling Grey McGregory hadn't changed one bit. Sure he definitely looked different in terms of his body mass and muscle but he still had that piercing gaze. I hated that mother fucking son of a bitch for what he did to me in highschool but over the years of working under him, I've learned to control myself from stabbing him with a pair of scissors.

I swear I'm not usually this pyschotic as I may sound.

"Sit down, Emerson." Grey never called me by my first name. I don't know why and I never did ask but he just never called me Brooklyn. It was always Ms Emerson or just Emerson.

I obliged and sat down in the chair opposite his desk.

"I need a place to stay."

Huh?

What the fuck does that have to do with me?

"O. . .Kay?" I say with confusion clearly spelled out on my face.

"Let me rephrase that, I need somewhere to stay for the next three months." He adds and stands up from his desk.

His familiar cologne and aftershave filled my nose and made me feel nostalgic for a split second.

"Why?" I questioned.

Grey walked over to my side and sat with one leg over the other on the desk.

"I don't have to answer that, Emerson. I know you're renting part of your house and I want to know if that offer is still available." He said so casually.

"How could you even think of being my housemate? There's no way in hell I'd agree to that. This has got to be against some company ethics or something. It's totally inappropriate." I scowled and sat up from my seat so I wasn't looking up at him.

"How is it inappropriate huh? Do tell me Ms Emerson." He had that fucking stupid smirk on his lips. That narcissistic personality smirk that he always used when he was taunting me.

He wanted me to say it.

He wanted me to fucking say it.

He thought he could bait me.

News flash Mr McGregory, I'm one hell of a smart bitch.

"On second thought, it's no problem. The room is available for you sir. I will email you the address and the necessary information. Can I be excused? My shift is over." I told him.

One of the advantages of being an intern here was the fact that I didn't have to stay here all day. This man was just totally fucking annoying.

"Great. You may go, Emerson. Do have a lovely day." He said in that fucking British accent of his that made me feel like emptying a box of thumbtacks in his pretty face.

"See you tomorrow, Grey." With a confident smirk, I politely sashayed out of his office and went to mine.

I then packed some of the work I had to do into my bag and then slipped on my jacket before walking out of the sleek office. Not every other intern in Sterling & Co. had an office like mine. Now that I think of it, maybe Sterling had something to do with this arrangement.

The sound of my stiletto heels clicking against the marble flooring had heads turning. Can you blame me? I usually walk around with a positive and confident aura around me. The automatic doors slid open and I walked out of the office building. My phone rang just when I got into my Uber. It was Khol, my best friend since the fourth grade.

"What's up Lyn?" He casually asked when I picked up the call.

"I'm just on my way home famished as shit."

"When are you never hungry? Anyway, did you know that Maiah is in town?" He asks me.

"What? No. I didn't know. Wow. That's news." I bit my inner cheeks.

Maiah Peterson was Grey's girlfriend. They'd been going strong for a couple of years now and she was the reason he left me. Not that it mattered though, Maiah was my friend and Grey and I agreed to not tell her we ever dated. I mean, he loves her so that's great. I'm happy for them.

"You're thinking about it aren't you?" Khol's deep voice pulled me out of my chain of thoughts.

"What? No I'm not. I gotta go Khol. I'll call you when I get home." When I heard his 'okay', I hung up and dropped my phone into my bag. The Uber driver dropped me off and I took my keychain from my purse.

Inserting the key into the lock, I opened the door when I heard the click sound. The first thing I always do is hang my bags on the hooks of the rack around the corridor before taking off my heels and massaging my feet.

About ten minutes of pure bliss, I head upstairs and get changed into sweatpants and a tanktop. I then went to the kitchen to fix myself some creamy chicken pasta and ate it while barely watching what was on the television. My mind was occupied. How could I be living with my ex boyfriend whose current girlfriend was my friend? How would Maiah react? And most importantly why did Sterling want to stay with me? He's a goddamn billionaire for crying out loud, he can get any hotel or apartment to spend the next three months in.

After my meal, I took out my laptop and emailed my address, rent fee and the house specs. He responded almost immediately with a simple 'thank you'. I finished up on some school work I had to do. My internship at Sterling & Co. was actually supposed to end 12 weeks ago but Mr McGregory insisted I stayed for another four weeks to work on an upcoming project as a product marketing specialist.

After high school, I travelled abroad to escape some things and continued my education there before coming back to London for university. Khol and I had stayed in touch and he informed me that Grey had taken over the family business since his father wanted to step down.

I was a bit shocked because I never knew Grey wanted to be in the family business. When we were in school, all he ever talked about was being marine biologist. Then again he was probably forced. His father had the tendency to force Sterling into doing things.

17 Juillet 2021 18:35 3 Rapport Incorporer Suivre l’histoire
1
Lire le chapitre suivant 2| ꜱᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʀᴜʟᴇꜱ

Commentez quelque chose

Publier!
RB Rachel Blue
Keep it up
July 19, 2021, 09:49
RB Rachel Blue
Good work
July 19, 2021, 09:49
RB Rachel Blue
I love this
July 17, 2021, 18:45
~

Comment se passe votre lecture?

Il reste encore 5 chapitres restants de cette histoire.
Pour continuer votre lecture, veuillez vous connecter ou créer un compte. Gratuit!