karappo_24 Karappo

Kim Taehyung is a very promising young artist. The young man is talented and has always been confident in his abilities and the works he produces. Despite his mentor always pushing him to go explore new things to gain inspiration for a better piece he has never listened to him and he firmly believes all the inspiration he needs is inside him. This was true until he suddenly gets stuck and can't come up with any new ideas when he is at a crucial point of getting an offer for a solo exhibition. That's when Jungkook unexpectedly comes into his life, sparking a great curiosity and interest in Taehyung, helping his ideas surge and flow easily again. Taehyung starts involving himself with the other boy in hopes to come up with a great idea for his exhibition. For him it's just a relationship about convenience and not about feelings. But that's not the case for Jungkook, who harbors pure and deep feelings for the painter. And what happens when Taehyung's emotions start to surge and go towards the same place where Jungkook's feelings are?


Fanfiction Bandas/Cantantes No para niños menores de 13.

#bangtan #bl #jeonjungkook #kimtaehyung #parkjimin #kimnamjoon #jimin #vkook #taekook #namjoon #v #taehyung #jungkook #bts #kpop
2
252 VISITAS
En progreso - Nuevo capítulo Cada 15 días
tiempo de lectura
AA Compartir

Terrifying Darkness

Paint Me In Blue

karappo_24

1.Terrifying Darkness

“There are little gems all around us that can hold glimmers of inspiration”


Taehyung still remembers when he came across this phrase many years ago, back then he was so puzzled by it and up till this day he still hasn't been able to decipher the meaning behind them. He is still as troubled by these words as he was at that time.

They say that inspiration is something that is hard to come by and you have to search outside yourself for it, that it comes from everyone and everything around us. Or at least, that seems to be the truth for most people. However, that's such an abstract and complicated concept for Kim Taehyung, a boy who has never been in need to look for inspiration, not once in his whole life. He never needed an outside source to get his ideas and creativity flowing, all he had to do was put himself to work and his pieces came out naturally and fluidly. That's why he didn't believe in something as trivial and fragile as inspiration, or if it existed, he believed it came from within yourself and it would come to you naturally during work.


But he preferred to not bound himself to such an intangible concept. He thought it was better to rely on your own abilities and capacity rather than wait around for some divine enlightenment that may never even come to you. The word inspiration seemed like a cowardly excuse to run away from things and justify your lack of skills, which is why he hated it.


But regardless of how much he hated it, his mentor seemed to be in love with the idea of it. He loved to preach about it whenever he could. He lived looking for it like a madman everywhere he went.


This was very frustrating for Taehyung to watch because the man was already an eminence in the art field and he was such a genius. Taehyung believed it was unnecessary for him to rely on such stupid things, but since he still respected that man more than anyone else he didn't dare to make fun of his beliefs. The annoying part was that he was always trying to convince Taehyung to follow in his footsteps. He would often say things like: 'Taehyung write down everything you can think of and record everything you see and experience around yourself, good things will come out from it and you´ll find ideas from there' or: 'You need to go out more, have all kinds of experiences and see different things, only then will you be able to grow and your own masterpiece will come to you.'


The thing was, Taehyung didn't want to go out and explore the world, have fateful encounters with strangers or go on an adventure just to come up with an idea. He had many of those already lined up and waiting for him to make them come to live. He didn't need experiences in the outside world, what he needed was to be left alone and use his time on his works.


This gave Taehyung no other choice but to ignore his mentor's words. Eventually, they both ended up reaching a mutual agreement: as long as Taehyung could produce works of quality that satisfied him, he wouldn't push him any further and would allow him to work freely as he pleased, however, when the moment came when Taehyung became stuck and ran out of ideas, that's when he'd have no choice but to obey his mentor and start practicing his beliefs.


It was a risky deal, Taehyung was well aware of that, but he gladly accepted it because he was confident his ways weren't wrong. And up to this day he had proved that he was right.


At his young age, he had already managed to make a name for himself as an artist. He had participated in some minor exhibitions and his works had been featured in a few magazines. He also managed to enter into the art department of Seoul University two years ago. This was one of the biggest merits he had achieved so far, considering that this department only accepted three students each year. And now he was just a year away from graduating and on his way to sealing a deal for his first solo exhibition.


He had achieved all this solely on his abilities and his hard work alone, so who needed something like inspiration? He refused to ever rely on something like that.

Or at least, that's what he wanted to believe, but the four months he had spent thinking of something to paint and the more than thirty missed calls he had on his phone from his assistant teacher to check on his progress said otherwise.


A few days ago he asked his teacher not to bother him as he locked himself up in one of the art rooms of the school, promising that this time he would come up with something within a week for sure. Three weeks had already gone by since then and still had nothing.


He let out a deep sigh as he placed his paintbrush down and took a moment to look at the empty canvas lying in front of him, Taehyung couldn't bear to see it, he felt like it was mocking him. In a tantrum he threw it down and watched with a satisfied smile as it fell down to the floor. He then looked around the room and saw his drawing notebook on the floor with a lot of pages scattered all around with his failed sketches.


He stood up from his stool, walked to the middle of the room and slowly sat down on the floor, then with a long breath he rested his back on the floor and stared at the white ceiling up above him. He then closed his eyes, trying to picture something, anything at all, but all he saw was a pitch black darkness that threatened to engulf him. That darkness scared him, he wasn't used to it. Before, whenever he closed his eyes he used to see colors, a vibrant and peaceful combination of them, he didn't have to search for them, they were always there, inside his mind, waiting for him. But a few months ago those colors stopped coming to him and he became unable to see them anymore. He didn't know why this happened. He just knew the coldness he felt from the darkness that replaced them terrified him and sent chills all over his body. Apparently, this also made him unable to draw or paint, once the colors were gone so was his ability to produce a painting.


Unable to face that darkness any longer he quickly opened his eyes as he sat back up again, pulling his back away from the floor. He concentrated on slowing his rising heartbeat as he took deep and slow breaths to try and calm himself down.


He had almost managed to calm down when the sudden sound of the door opening startled him again and made him jump as he quickly turned around.

Standing on the door frame he saw the assistant teacher, she was holding her phone in one hand and her face showed an expression that made Taehyung know she wasn't in a good mood. At that same moment the phone that Taehyung had tossed somewhere around in the room started ringing.


“It's good to know that your phone does work, Taehyung.” She said with a very serious tone as she shot a murderous look at him, stepping inside the room.


Taehyung looked at her apologetically as he stood up from the ground and straightened himself. He sighed and prepared himself for the scolding that was about to come.


“Teacher Joo, it's not what you think. As you can see I have a mess in here so I didn't know where my phone was, I definitely wasn't avoiding your calls, I swear.” He spoke as he tried to justify himself and make his teacher's anger subside a little bit.


“Yeah right, like I'll believe you.” She replied dryly.


“You have to believe in your cute student,” Taehyung said as he tried acting cute, knowing that she had a soft spot for him, and willing to use that to his advantage to get himself out of trouble.


“Stop that, Kim. It's not going to work this time” she said, trying to keep her serious expression, “You really are in trouble this time.”


Seeing how his cute act had no effect this time made Taehyung realize that it is indeed a serious problem. He stopped playing games and faced his teacher properly.


As always, she looked flawless even when she was just wearing her usual blue jeans and black hoodie. Her silky and shiny brown hair fell past her shoulders. Her skin seemed smooth but the bags under her eyes told him that she had been staying overtime for days again and hadn't had any proper rest in a while. Taehyung is well aware that she is a workaholic but if him being like this has added more work for her then he just can't help but feel guilty about it.


After all, teacher Joo has always taken care of him. He really appreciates her, and he does not wish to be just a troublesome student for her. She already has a lot of critics coming her way as it is. Everyone likes to whisper behind her back and underestimate her just because she got this job through his mentor's recommendation despite her young age. Most of the assistant teachers here are old folks with a long trajectory but teacher Joo isn't that much older than Taehyung is, he estimated that at most they must be about five or six years apart. But despite her young age, she is one of the most talented people this school has, and she is also responsible and efficient at her work. But besides that, she really is dedicated towards her students and always tries her best to be helpful to them.


Taehyung has been under her care since his first year of university, which is why he knows very well what kind of person she is. She was also a student of this department and graduated first in her year, so in terms of abilities and achievements she is second to none among the other teachers. That's why she was given her current job and the reason why Taehyung's mentor entrusted her with him.


And because she had always been a great teacher to him, he wanted to repay her hard work with even greater achievements of his own, so no one would dare to badmouth her anymore. But here he was, falling apart and unable to pick up a pencil or a paintbrush at one of the most crucial times of his career as an artist. He just couldn't help but feel pathetic and frustrated.


“So, how is all… this going?” Teacher Joo asked as she looked around the room, pulling Taehyung out of his thoughts. She walked around the room, examining all of Taehyung's failed sketches, “Have you been able to come up with any ideas yet?”


“No, not really,” Taehyung admitted in defeat. At this point, lying to her isn't going to be of help for anybody.


“You've been stuck in here for weeks and you still have nothing?” She questioned him, trying to put on a tough and serious tone but Taehyung could see her worry for him written all over her face.


“I thought I finally had something, but I just can't seem to think of anything good.” He explained.


“What's really bothering you, Taehyung?” The question he's feared the most finally came out, “This isn't like you. Usually you would have about twenty different ideas by now and you'd be struggling about what you should paint first.”


She is right. This has never happened to him before, he'd always know what he wanted to paint and had no trouble thinking of something else to work on. So why can't he even draw a single sketch now? This definitely is no ordinary problem. Both of them have already realized that which is precisely the reason why the situation they are facing right now is quite serious.


Taehyung closed his eyes for a moment to confirm if that darkness was still there, waiting for him. And it was. He sighed deeply as he opened his eyes again and slowly spoke, trying not to sound like he'd gone mad, “I can't see the colors anymore.”


Admitting that was harder than he thought it'd be. It made him feel like he had lost an important part of him, and he didn't know if he'd be able to get it back.


“You can't see colors?” Teacher Joo repeated, not quite understanding what Taehyung meant.


“Yeah, they're gone,” Taehyung replied, “There's just darkness now.”


“Where were these colors, Taehyung?”


“They were inside me. Everytime I closed my eyes they were there, I could see them clearly, but now I only see a terrifying darkness, there's no trace of color in my mind, they have left.” Taehyung tried to explain, bringing the words out of his mouth was difficult for him. He could feel as his voice broke down in the middle of his sentence.


“When did this start?” Her voice was filled with concern when she asked this.

“It's been a few months, I think,” Taehyung said, turning his hands into fists to stop them from shaking.


“Months?! Why are you just telling me this now?” She said a little hurt by the fact that he's been keeping her in the dark about this problem.


“I…I didn't mean to hide it, I just don't really know what's going in. It has never happened before so…” Taehyung's voice went quiet, not knowing how to explain things any further.


“Okay, fine. Then, have you thought of talking with him about this?” She shot another difficult question for Taehyung to answer.


“What for? I already know what he's going to tell me.” He replied as he looked away.


“Do you? Is that really it? You just don't want to lose to him, that's why you don't want to talk to him.” The truth of her words painfully pierced him. hurting his pride.


Of course he's been avoiding the other man for that reason. He knows if he admits this to him he'll just say 'I told you this would happen eventually', and make him carry out his part of their deal. His pride wouldn't allow him to admit defeat just like that. He had to at least try to find a way to fix himself before surrendering.


“You do know that you're going to end up losing a great deal if you choose to hold onto your stupid pride, right?” This woman didn't know how to sugar coat things at all. She just mercilessly slapped Taehyung with the facts, one after another.


“I don't need others to come and enlighten me to be able to paint.” Taehyung declared stubbornly.


She walked up to the empty canvas that had been tossed to the floor a few moments ago. She carefully picked it up and placed her in front of her. She examined it for a few moments before she turned back to Taehyung.


“So are you able to paint right now?” She questioned him with a raised brow. She then turned to look at the canvas again before continuing, “This seems to say otherwise.”

“That's…” Taehyung began but found himself unable to give a decent explanation so he just shut his mouth.


Teacher Joo carefully placed the canvas back on the easel. Then she walked to Taehyung and held her phone towards him.


“Take it.” She said firmly.


The sharp look on her eyes and her tone startled Taehyung, he quickly took the phone in his hands not really understanding why she gave it to him. When Taehyung's hand grabbed the phone she walked past him and made her way to the door. She grabbed the door handle and then carefully closed it, leaving Taehyung with no escape route. That's when Taehyung finally caught on. He took a quick glance at the phone screen and then quickly turned his eyes away from it.


“You didn't…” He blurted out as he looked at her with a terrified expression.


“Both of you are stupidly stubborn so if I leave you two to it you'll never talk to each other,” She replied with a deep sigh, “Looking at how bad your shape is, I had no other choice.”


“How could you─” Taehyung began to complain but was cut off by a stern voice coming from the phone he was holding.


“Kim Taehyung!” The voice of none other than his mentor, Kim Namjoon, came through the speakers as the man scolded him, making Taehyung freeze on the spot.

7 de Enero de 2023 a las 00:56 0 Reporte Insertar Seguir historia
1
Continuará… Nuevo capítulo Cada 15 días.

Conoce al autor

Comenta algo

Publica!
No hay comentarios aún. ¡Conviértete en el primero en decir algo!
~