chattybunny122 Cheese Its

"Stay away from him, Kayden. Stay away from the both of them." I warn. He lets out a bark of a laugh, "I created you, Max! I don't know how you got the gem but I need you to give it here or else." I scoff, "Or else what?"


Ficción adolescente Todo público.

#hurt #wolf #love #danger
27
11.1mil VISITAS
En progreso - Nuevo capítulo Cada 30 días
tiempo de lectura
AA Compartir

The Beginning

Alright, do you think it's weird to be picked up from the airport from your cousin and his friends? Yea, me too.

"Max!" my cousin shouts across the airport when he sees me. I roll my eyes playfully as he pulls me into a hug.

"God, Max. I missed you so much. How have you been?" Sam, my cousin, asks with a huge grin on his face.

"I've missed you too. I've been great, considering on the plane ride here, I sat next to someone who snores very loudly." I was starting to tell him about the rest of the plane ride when there's a cough behind him. I peer around him to see his group of friends.

"Hey, Sam. You gonna introduce me to your friends?" I ask, arching a brow. Sam realizes he brought his friends.

He names them as he points to them, "That's Ryder, Hunter, Aiden, Hayden, Marcus, and Max." Another Max? Nice.

"Guys, this is my cousin, Max." I smile at them.

"Another Max? How nice. I'm obviously the better one." I say with a nervous chuckle.

The other Max let's out a barking laugh, "Sure, we'll have to see about that." Sam claps his hands once, "Alright we should get going otherwise, my Mother will kill me for keeping you away."

On the ride there, I was asked so many questions.

"How is Tennessee, Country girl?" I keep the smile on my face when I answer Max, "Well, considering the part where I live contains mostly of stores and not farms, I'd have to say pretty great."

I hear Sam scoff, "Sure, Maxie, it's not like you live on a farm. Oh, wait. You do."

I shake my head, "I know, I know. Shut up, Sammy." Sam just turns up the radio, and luckily for me, it's playing my favorite song, Do I by Luke Bryan.

"Do I turn you on or off when I kiss you baby. Is the side of me wanting you, drive you crazy. Do I have your love? Am I still enough? Now tell me..." I stop singing because they are just staring at me.

"What?" I ask them.

They just shrug and shake their heads. I just hum the rest of the song.

"Why'd you stop singing?" questions Sam.

"Because y'all were staring at me." I reply with a shrug.

"Well," he says as he stops, "We are here!"

I hop out of the van and run to the door, throwing it open, "I'm home!" I call out.

"Max!" my aunt squeals, yanking me into a hug.

"Oh my goddess, Aunt Kara! I've missed you so much!" I say as I pull myself out of the hug.

"Honey, you know to just call me Kara, right?"

I nod.

"Well, good. Now dinner is almost ready, I think you should go say Hello to Sarah before she decides that you don't love her anymore for not seeing her first."

I laugh before trudging up the stair and into Sarah's room.

"Hey. I think you forgot about someone." I say with a huge smile.

"Max! Ohmigod! I've missed you so much. You have to tell me about your, uh, meeting." She say as she shuts her door and hugs me. When Sarah mentions the meeting, I sigh. My wolf meeting.

Yes. I'm a shapeshifter. Some call us werewolves. Others call us mongrels. But the real term is shapeshifter. If I wanted to, I could change into something other than a wolf. Kind of like Sirius Black's animagus.

But I had no choice. I was bitten by my pack leader, Harold. But I overruled him by taking over his pack leader spot. I didn't kill him, he just retired. I was 15 when I turned but I am 17 now. So... Yay. Note the sarcasm.

"It went really well. Harold decided to retire from his spot in the pack, just to let me take over. He really believes in me. Harold Barnes actually believes that I can protect my town."

She nods before speaking, "Okay, well. You should go shift so that you can talk to your pack. I'll cover for you."

I smile and laugh, "Thank you."

She pushes me out the door.

"Bye, Max." I wave as I make my way down the stairs and into the living room, where the Boys are. "I'm going to go..head out and wander around. I'll be back later." I tell them.

* * * *

(Aiden's POV)

"I'm going to go..head out and wander around. I'll be back later." Max tells us as she grabs her jacket and heads out the door.

"She's lying." Sam suddenly bursts out.

I raise brow, "How?"

He just shrugs, "I think I would know my cousin. We should follow her."

The rest of us look at each other before deciding to agree and disagree with him, "I don't think so, mate. She might just need to look around for a bit." I say to him as he reaches for his car keys.

"Well. We need to get her anyways. She left just before dinner."

I shrug and shake my head at him again, "Whatever. Just don't get caught."

He gets up and grabs his keys.

"Alright then, let's go." We all stand up and follow after him.

* * * *

"We shouldn't be doing this," Max tells Sam.

"We shouldn't be spying on her like this. Why didn't you just confront her about it?" Sam just shrugs, not saying anything. He pulls over and we hop out of the car.

Hunter whispers to me and Sam, "I see her."

"Where?"

He point to her walking into the woods.

* * * * *

(Max's POV {the girl})

I walk down the road so that I could shift into my wolf form. My bones are already aching for a run. I can wait to talk to Harold again. I need to talk to him about what I am doing up here in LA.

What I need to do is what I was assigned to do by Harold. I know he is retired, but I had asked him to watch over my pack while I am visiting.

But that does not stop me from doing what I am supposed to do. I may be fast with my running, but if my pack is attacked by the Holders, a lot of us will die. The Holders are a group of Witches and Wizards who believe that anything that can turn into an animal, other than themselves, should not be here, that we are against the laws of nature.

They hold the most powerful gem in the world. And if they destroy it, all wolves, witches, wizards, and all magical creatures, other than the ones who destroy it, lose their power.

The last time they attacked was last month, during one of our get-togethers. We were celebrating one of our new wolves. They attacked at one of our lowest times. It was horrible. The slaughtering of my people. My pack. I couldn't deal with it. After that Kayden decided that it was time for someone else to be the pack leader. He had chosen me. The only other reason that I am here, other than to visit family, was that the gem, was here. I have to get it. There is supposed to be another wolf pack around here somewhere and I have to find them.

Shifting into me wolf form, I wander around the edges of the forest, sniffing the ground for animal tracks, more importantly, wolf tracks. Or Holder tracks. We don't know how the Holders were created. We don't even know how any of us were created. We just, came to be I guess.

Max. Have you seen anything yet? Kayden asks me through the wolf pack bond.

No I reply I'm sniffing around for any scent. Anything that could give me a clue.

Alright. Give me a second, I gotta go get Caiden. He says just before shifting back. I'm all alone now.

Just as I think I was done, I catch a familiar scent. I can't quite put my paw on what it is, but it is familiar. I follow the scent and it leads me to Sam. I mentally slap myself as I look at them. They don't see me because I am right behind them. I give a low growl. "What the heck was that?" I hear Marcus ask Hunter. "I don't know. Why are you asking me?" Marcus shrugs. I growl louder before letting out a bark. They jump before turning around, "Oh my god! A wolf!"

Anything yet, Max? Caiden intercepts into my mind, I snort Yea. I found my cousin in the woods. It seems that they had followed me. I hope that they did not see anything. What would I do if they found out?

You know what you have to do Max.

But Caiden, he is my family. I don't want to kill him. If he finds out, I will just tell him that I am dreaming. It's already bad enough that I have to hide that Sarah knows, I don't want to have to hide him too.

Suddenly, my paws turn into hands and I am back in human form. "Crap." I say before looking apologetically at Sam.

"Max?!"

+

24 de Enero de 2018 a las 16:18 3 Reporte Insertar Seguir historia
5
Leer el siguiente capítulo Caught

Comenta algo

Publica!
Russ Acedera Russ Acedera
Great start! I'd like to see how this is going to turn out. You know what, you can join NovelS tar's writing competition.
April 25, 2021, 13:17
AA Adebayo Abiodun
Interesting
February 16, 2020, 21:58
~

¿Estás disfrutando la lectura?

¡Hey! Todavía hay 4 otros capítulos en esta historia.
Para seguir leyendo, por favor regístrate o inicia sesión. ¡Gratis!

Ingresa con Facebook Ingresa con Twitter

o usa la forma tradicional de iniciar sesión