C
Chimezie Ihekuna


This story explains what people in relationships tend to do with love with respect to what love is intended to mean



Cuento No para niños menores de 13. © Chimezie Benedict ihekuna

#love #fidelity #relationship #lovers #test-of-fidelity #themeaningoflove
Cuento corto
0
999 VISITAS
Completado
tiempo de lectura
AA Compartir

The Intent Behind L.O.V.E

The Intent behind L.O.V.E

Dan and Jane have been lovers for three years.

“Dan is the man after my heart” quoted Jane, who was asked her love affair, “...his presence assures me of true love.” Dan, reserved in nature, was always fond of her. “She’s the type of woman a decent man should have for life! Always thinking about her all the time!” Dan confessed, when asked the same question.

Alas, turmoil struck their relationship. It was discovered that Dan had a four-year-old son from his previous relationship and was once married. Jane, though getting to find out, decided not to confront him immediately. But Jane wasn’t any innocent! In fact, she was just the proverbial pot calling kettle black! Jane had been dating two other guys---Mike and Bode. This was what Dan later knew.

Three months later...On a fateful Saturday Morning

“You’re such an infidel, Dan!” Jane screamed. Her voice was tearing down Dan’s two-bedroom apartment. “Why would you keep this away from me? Oh! I get it...you thought I won’t know!”

“I can’t make sense of what you’re talking about.” Dan replied. He sought to clear the air of confusion written on his face. “What are you talking about, my dear?”

“Don’t DEAR me...You’re talking as if you know not what I’m talking about”

“Exactly! I have no idea of what you talking about”. Dan’s reacted, seeking clarification of what Jane actually meant.

“Now let me go straight to the point...You never told me you were once married and fathered a four-year-old son. How could you do this to me?”

“What? How? Who? Where on earth did you get these INFO from?” Dan’s countenance told one thing; Jane was right!

“I see that look on your face.... you know what I’m saying is true. Right? You liar!”

“Look at Jane...You think I don’t know about your illicit affairs----how you go about dating Mike and Bode. Yet, telling me I’m your true love?!” Dan’s mean look showed how outraged he was at Jane. “Tell me something else, you infidel!”

“What do you mean?” Jane was quick to ask. Her reaction showed how right Dan was. “Do you mean Mike and Bode? They are just my close friends at work...they mean no harm! I’m not dating them.”

“Jane, shut up! Stop saying crap! The walls have ears.” Dan’s confidence was at its peak, though expressed grief at Jane’s infidelity and insincerity.Remorsefully, Dan admitted: “Yes, I have a son and was once married. It’s quite a long story. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you this earlier.” Dan’s displeasure took charge as his confidence flared up: “But why didn’t you tell me what you were really up to? I’m totally ashamed of you!”

“I’m sorry, Dan.” Jane apologized, pouring out from her eyes the flow of tears. “This won’t happen again.”

“Why cry over spilled milk, Jane? It’s too late to cry when the head is cut off! I’ve been wanting to tell you this...all along. Ever since i heard about your affairs with Bode and Mike and confirmed them....I’ve been thinking on how to end this relationship. It’s been fruitless all along! Now, this is the time to say, ‘It’s all over between us!’ I want you to leave my house...I’m mean leave NOW! That’s the door that will usher out of my place. Bye forever!”

Shocked to the marrow, Jane reacted: “Can’t believe this is happening to me...” She looked up and down, and sideways and saw that the only way out was the door staring openly at her. Dan was on his bed trying to catch some sleep. She summoned the courage to leave the apartment, shielding what she felt...embarrassment.

The story didn’t just end that way. Jane thought her relationship was to cart away his wealth while Dan was actually using Jane to pass time but secretly seeing his ex-wife and son! Jane had been seeing both Mike and Bode, long before she met Dan!

It’s obvious what’s behind the so-called love that existed between Jane and Dan. We all know where it all ended. The question is: ‘Does love last?’

If you asked people what love is, a number of answers you would hear. Affection, satisfaction, giving and other exalting virtues would be the likely encomiums of love you’d hear them say. Of course, they are right! But one thing that should be asked is: ‘do they practice what they say, preach or believe in?’

Read this: We desire to be loved and one way or the other, express it (particularly those we are attached toin ways best known to us). The question is: ‘If L.O.V.E, that is L, O, V, E are about Letting Offered Values Exist, what values are you willing to offer to people around you and yourself?’

Note that Offered Values such as affection, giving, sacrifice not only determine how long the relationship with your spouse, the person dear to you or even a stranger would be, but your intend behind expressing your L.O.V.E!

5 de Octubre de 2022 a las 05:20 0 Reporte Insertar Seguir historia
0
Fin

Conoce al autor

Comenta algo

Publica!
No hay comentarios aún. ¡Conviértete en el primero en decir algo!
~