S
Sage lindsey


In a world where Dreams can kill the fate of everyone rests on Venus' shoulders. She must learn to use her logic and her power to help everyone.


Fantasía Fantasía oscura Todo público.

#fantasy #romance #dreamcore #dreamy #dreams #sad #assassin's #inkspiredstory #war
1
1.4mil VISITAS
En progreso - Nuevo capítulo Todas las semanas
tiempo de lectura
AA Compartir

Chapter 1

The morning started off like any other. The sun shining through the blinds, making it a rude awakening if you wanted to sleep in. The birds chirped loudly outside the window, followed by the sound of wings flapping as they flew away.

Venus awoke, stretching and reaching for her glasses on the nightstand beside her bed. Once she had her classes on, she looked around, noting how the sun shone brighter today than it did the day before. She always took notes on stuff like that. She found it fascinating. She got up and put her long brunette hair into a tight, messy bun. She had nothing to do today, so there was no use getting ready. She was just going to want to have a resting day, work on some new art pieces if she wanted to. As she tidied up her room, she felt like something was off. A strange aura filled the room, and she got confused.

She made her way towards the door to exit her room, turning the knob slowly out of caution. Once opened, her breath caught in her throat and she stood frozen in shock. Outside the door wasn’t the usual hallway, instead it’s replaced with a bunch of clouds with a building right in the middle. It was a simple-looking building, with many windows, and it seemed to get taller and taller as Venus walked towards it. She must still be asleep. There’s no way this could be real.

“Welcome to the Dream Realm!” a chipper voice called, making Venus jump. She looked over to see a bright blue bird hovering over her.

“Did.. you just speak..?” Venus asked, in denial. This dream felt very real. She reached out and touched the bird, its feathers feeling soft against her palm. “No way…” she said to herself. “This isn’t real.”

“It very much is Venus! Welcome to the Dream Realm. We have chosen you to be a Dreamkeeper!” The bird chirped, flying around her.

“Dreamkeeper?”

“Yes! A Dreamkeeper is someone who travels through someone’s dreams. Dreams that can lead to death, to be more specific. Some dreams are very much real and could lead to the death of the dreamer. For example, if someone dies in a dream, they can die in real life. This only happens when there is a breach in the two realms, which seems to be happening more often than usual.”

Venus walked with the bird, more confused than when she came. She could not believe a word this thing was saying. Dreams being real? Impossible. Yet the more she walked, the more it became more real. She clearly wasn’t sleeping anymore.

“This building right here is Dream Central. Where all Dreams happen. Many people work here, but don’t worry, you won’t be stuck in this realm.” The bird quickly entered, its wings flapping vigorously.

“Ah, another Newbie, huh? Welcome.” A voice said once Venus has entered, he sounded more annoyed than anything. “I’m Jacob.”

“Venus.” She replied quietly, her eyes glossing over everything. It was simply an office building, but everything seemed magical. The lights were brighter and there were pinkish clouds everywhere. There was even a staircase of clouds!

“This way!” The bluebird chirped, zooming through the office and stopping at a small cubicle. “This is where you’ll be, Venus. I will explain everything else later.”

Venus thanked the bird, her mind spinning.

“Wait, what’s your name?” She asked the bird, smiling slightly despite her confusion.

“Azraq.”

Venus nodded and took a seat, her thoughts now taking over. She had been locking away her shock and confusion. This all happened so suddenly. She sat in her chair, contemplating everything that had led up to this moment. It had happened all so quickly and she still didn’t know if she should believe it was real or not.

Venus noticed Jacob walking slowly over to her desk, his hands stuffed into his denim jeans’ pockets. Venus now noticed the other features, like his jet black hair that was tied into a small ponytail and the tight gray shirt he was wearing.

“They assigned me to help you with your job, and also answer questions you may have.” He informed her in an annoyed tone. He sounded like he had memorized those lines and really didn’t mean them.

Venus sat there for a moment, pondering on what she should ask.

“What exactly do I do?” She asked, letting her hair free from the messy bun she had put it in earlier.

“Ugh. Well, you will get assigned to someone’s dream once we’re alerted. It’s a dream that’s a little too real and you’ll try to help them, basically.” He explained blandly.

Venus sighed and nodded slowly, taking mental notes.

“How can I go home?”

Jacob hummed and sighed.

“There’s an elevator to the real world over there.” He replied, pointing over to a corner where a pair of grey doors shined.

“Could I go back now…?” She asked.

“I suppose so. We’ll summon you whenever you're needed. Whenever you're here time gets frozen in the real world. Time works differently here. You will wake up as usual and go about your boring life.”

“My life isn’t boring.”

“I have access to your files. It is.”

“That's just creepy.”

Jacob responded by rolling his eyes, getting up and walking away to another male in the office, leaning down and whispering to him as Venus made her way to the elevator. Once entered, she felt like the aura she’d had when she awoke was now completely gone, and in a matter of seconds, she was laying in her bed.


20 de Febrero de 2022 a las 16:18 1 Reporte Insertar Seguir historia
0
Continuará… Nuevo capítulo Todas las semanas.

Conoce al autor

Comenta algo

Publica!
milein🍩 jijon milein🍩 jijon
me encanto , la historia esta increíble , un cap. y ya me encanto
February 20, 2022, 20:45
~