stephen_evans Stephen Evans

This is a short story: The year is 1920, Eleanor moves into an English home with her daughter Elizabeth. After only a few days Eleanor begins to believe the home is haunted. Though Eleanor’s stay at the countryside manor is strange will she stay or will she run? After learning that the previous owner had disappeared after strange events began occurring at the home, the same begin to happen to Eleanor … and they may be evil.


Paranormal Lúcido Todo público.
4
7.6mil VISITAS
Completado
tiempo de lectura
AA Compartir

Prologue

“Bang!”, the old woman heard whilst trying to sleep. “Bang!”, the woman heard once more. She sat up atop the creaky bed and lit a candle upon her bed stand. The candle dimly lit the dark bedroom as she picked up the candelabra holding the flame. The wind howled outside as she walked upon the creaking floorboards slowly creeping towards the doorway. "Bang!", the woman heard. She opened the door to the long dark corridor, "Hello… Hello", she whispered with no response. "Is there anybody there?", she asked with a louder tone this time. The old woman's frail voice echoed down the hall, filling the home with her tone. She internally hoped for no response, for she was alone in her countryside manor; at least she thought. She walked into the darkness, where she made her way to the staircase. She gazed down below the balcony and towards the front door of her home. The lightning struck outside when she heard another bang coming from the lower floor. She moved her elderly hand to the table beside her, and she picked up another candle, lighting it, brightening the room a little more. The wind blew harder outside as she made her way down the old marble staircase. She walked down the corridor to find the fireplace lit in the parlor. Full of fear, she crept towards the fire when a candle lit across the hall. She turned her head vigorously, straining her veins in her neck. She screamed as a whisper was made in her ear, "Hello… Helen". The candles went out and the home grew dark. She ran towards the front door when a tree fell and blocked the opening to the outdoors. She ran down the long hallway where she stopped and opened the basement door locking herself inside. She began walking down the staircase leading to the dark cobblestone room, when she felt a chill run down her spine, giving her goosebumps. She lit the candle again and whispered "Go away! Whatever you are, go away!". The room fell silent as she trembled in fear. She kept walking into the darkness, where she found a door. The woman opened it and began walking down the dark hall. As she made her way to the end of the corridor, she opened the door to find the manor's basement sitting room. All the candles were lit, the fireplace was roaring with flames, the room was warm and cozy. "Finally", the woman said, "some comfort". As she began walking towards the fireplace, a mysterious wind blew out the candles and fire and the room became dark, with a now chilling temperature. She screamed, "Go away! I tell you to go away! In the name of the lord leave this house!". The entity whispered from behind her "This is my house, and no lord can save you now". As she began to screech in terror, the creature covered her mouth with its cold bony hands and pulled her into the darkness.

10 de Junio de 2020 a las 22:45 1 Reporte Insertar Seguir historia
1
Leer el siguiente capítulo I - Inception

Comenta algo

Publica!
No hay comentarios aún. ¡Conviértete en el primero en decir algo!
~

¿Estás disfrutando la lectura?

¡Hey! Todavía hay 4 otros capítulos en esta historia.
Para seguir leyendo, por favor regístrate o inicia sesión. ¡Gratis!

Ingresa con Facebook Ingresa con Twitter

o usa la forma tradicional de iniciar sesión