darian-starr Darian Starr

Man kind has been plunged into an era of unnatural happenings humans and animals have been mutated by certain foreign bodies. Only half the world has been affected.... But how can the remaining humans contact the other side and save the world in time.


Post-apocalyptic Not for children under 13. © Darian-starr

#bonds # #color-red #bloody #betrayal #alienplanet #secrets
4
14.4k VIEWS
In progress - New chapter Every Sunday
reading time
AA Share

THE RELEASE

‘BUZZ’

The door to the prison opened giving the prisoner the much needed freedom...

“Here you go” the warden that excorted her out side gave her the backpack that held all her remaining belongings...

“You are a free woman now, but remember you are only out on probation... Any wrong move and you're right back in jail, you got it?” the warden asked harshly “don't worry Mrs. Ikenga, you'll never see me again” a young lady in her twenties nodded then put on her bag. She walked out with steady steps as her blood red hair swayed to the cool afternoon breeze.

She placed a hand up to Sheila her sensitive red eyes from the sun remembering what brought her here in the first place.

----------------------------------------

fifteen years ago,

“With the evidence and witnesses presented before this honorable court today, the court finds miss Leah Lance guilty of murder of one late Mr. Darwin Lance and sentences her to life imprisonment” the judge announced ending the court proceedings with his gavel.

“You can't do this!! I'm innocent!!” she shouted and struggled as the police dragged her away.

Leahkept struggling against the police and she caught a glimpse of Lora her sister from the corner of her eyes. “Lora.. Lora.. You told me you'd say the truth, that you'd never drag me down... Why?! Why'd you change your mind at the last minute?... Don't just keep silent... I thought we were family...” Leah shouted with a pain filled voice while being dragged roughly into the police van.

“Watch...” the warden at the counter said so Leah removed her watch and dropped it carelessly it didn't have any value anyway... It was already broken “earrings” the warden said again and she took it off and dropped it too “the necklace” the warden said once more breaking Leah from her trance.

“Can't I keep it?.. It's the only thing that reminds me of my dad... I-I can't give it” Leah pleaded holding on her pendant.

Her hand was pulled away and her ankh necklace was yanked from her neck “you killed your father remember..” The warden said matter of factly then tossed her the prison clothes with a look in her eyes that said go change or face my wrath. Leah took it hesitantly and went to change.

Upon returning she had her clothes snatched from her hand and thrown in a bag with her other belongings she spotted her phone in the bag as well before the warden then moved her head with a grunt that told Leah to leave and another person took cuffed her and led her to her cell “this is your cell.. You begin work tomorrow” the woman harshly said then locked her cell leaving her there with three unfriendly looking females.

------------------------------------------

Leah looked at the prison's main gate thankfully she behaved well enough for them to take a second look at her case and reduce her sentence, “time to leave the past in the past and focus on the future” she bit her inner lip while holding her ankh pendant and stepped outside the gates.

She went to the parking lot and spotted a red truck amongst the other cars over there “are you Mr. Marshall?” she asked the man resting on the truck “are you an idiot?” he asked back.

“Why are you being mean? I simply asked a question”

“Who else would I be... No idiot would just park next to the prison waiting for an ex-con” he said then entered the car “are you coming or not?” he asked coldly

“Are you him or not?” She asked earning no response so she decided to just wing it.

“I can tell you don't like me already” she said as she entered the truck while the man snorted. “I'll find a job in a week or two... And I'll get out of your way... Or life if you want” she said placing her backpack on her lap firmly “Well... Good luck with that” he started the car and drove off.

“why do you seem to hate me so much?” she asked after a long while and he ignored her “is it because of how I... How I look?” she looked down “cocky aren't you? You seem to have this idea that the world revolves around you, let me tell you, who you are and what you look like don't matter ok” he said firmly “then why..” Alfred hit the breaks harshly causing her to almost hit the windshield with her head “it's none of your freaking business” he hissed then kept driving. She wanted to complain but he turned on the radio, increasing the volume to it's highest to drown out her voice. She gave up and decided to stare out the window.

‘Last week the elite space crew 'the alsphat 22N5' returned from their investigation of the second moon and BSA has confirmed that there was only five survivors whose names are: Dewey Jones, Janet Freetown, Lora Lance, Timothy Gravel and Andrew Banesfrom the twelve man crew... Statements from ms. Lance who was part of the crew was that “it's not welcoming at all”. Mr. Jonathan Lesley a director of the BSA had postulated that the appearance of this new moon is the result of a possible evolution of Earth seeing that there are other planets with more than one moon. He also mentioned that it's appearance isn't toxic neither does it give light or reflect it thus the name ‘The invisible moon’. The BSA promises that they would investigate and ensure that all mankind is protected...’

“Bullshit” he huffed and turned it off “I was listening to that!” Leah stated facing him but he ignored her “fine... Do what you want you arrogant and cold bastard” she cursed under her breath “what'd you say?” he asked.

“Oh so you can hear me... I thought you were deaf” she said facing the window.

They had finally gotten to the city “are you going home to get the rest of your stuff?” he asked her “oh so we're suddenly speaking now?” she asked looking at him and he gave her a side look.

“tell me if I'm making a turn to your house or not”

“we're not” She stated causing him to raise a brow “I'm pretty sure that Mrs. Lance must have thrown all my stuff out the moment I was arrested, so I have nothing to go back for” she explained fiddling with her backpack's zipper.

Alfred rolled his eyes then took a turn, he went through the Malls underground parking lot and parked his car “what are we doing at the mall?” she asked “we're going to get you clothes” he said matter of factly “no thanks” she remained seated, he sighed then ran a hand through his dark locks and got out then opened her door from the outside.

“Hello lady, you'd be living with me and I won't appreciate us sharing clothes well it's not like we can anyway but still... I won't have you wearing one dress and look like someone that walked out a disaster so come on!” he yanked her out of the car and they went into the mall together.


1175 words.

Edited: 27/12/2023.

Nov. 17, 2022, 9:51 p.m. 0 Report Embed Follow story
4
Read next chapter THE FALL

Comment something

Post!
No comments yet. Be the first to say something!
~

Are you enjoying the reading?

Hey! There are still 27 chapters left on this story.
To continue reading, please sign up or log in. For free!