dareedwrites DR - Skye

"You can recognize survivors of abuse by their courage. When silence is so very inviting, they step forward and share their truth so others know they aren't alone." ― Jeanne McElvaney


#3 in Drama Not for children under 13. © DR - Skye

#pain #abuse #trauma # #friendship #newyork #Brooklyn #youth #family #diary
19
27.7k VIEWS
Completed
reading time
AA Share

Chapter 1

The door of the old Chevy fell heavy into its locks. Danny who just slammed the Door smiled under his Baseball Cap, which was pulled deep into his Face. The short sigh of his older Brother, who was sitting behind the steering wheel, made clear he wasn't amused by this behavior.

"I pick you up at 10! You better be ready" his adult Words sounded serious but still caring.

Danny looked back over his shoulder, mumbling a short "Yeah sure", the Smile still placed on his Face. It was easy to hide the rolling Eyes underneath the Cap.

Under his raised Eyebrows, his older Brother's voice now sounded a lot more serious than before.

"Hey, I ain't kidding, you better be ready at 10, Dad won't be happy if we arrive late again"

Pushing up his Cap a little higher to look at his Brother, Danny now answered with a slightly pissed "Yeah, gotcha!"

His Face turned from a smile into a thoughtful one, while he was walking down the Street, to the Basketball Court.

He could hear the Voices of his Friends calling for him, as the roaring of the old engine slowly disappeared around the corner.

Sept. 17, 2022, 10:30 p.m. 2 Report Embed Follow story
2
Read next chapter Chapter 2

Comment something

Post!
Eva Oduro Eva Oduro
Hello Can you private chat me on IG
September 18, 2022, 14:20

  • DR - Skye DR - Skye
    Hi, yeah sure. Text me on dareed14 September 18, 2022, 14:22
~

Are you enjoying the reading?

Hey! There are still 18 chapters left on this story.
To continue reading, please sign up or log in. For free!