T
Tife Story


Blurb Everything was happening so fast and it was starting to exhaust me, I had known it's would be scary, I had know it would be hard,But I had not prepared for this. It was very foolish of me, but I still have a lot to learn. Everytime I tried to distance myself from the upcoming horror I was sucked right back in. Everytime I try to calm my racing heart, the steady beating rose up again, threatening to consume me. Being a princess is isn't a joke sometimes we have to risk our lives just to make our people happy.. Samantha was stuck between two decision, Run away and let her kingdom collapse or married the Dragon Lord. Which decision will she take? Will she see the Wicked Dragon Lord? Why did the Dragon Lord want her? Let find out all this in this beautiful story..


Fantasy Medieval All public.

#]
0
2.2k VIEWS
In progress - New chapter Every Wednesday
reading time
AA Share

Chapter One

Samantha pov.


The view from outside my window was beautiful. Green rolling hills and bright blue skies,I was lucky to live in one of the most beautiful part of the palace and kingdoms.


I had enough to eat everyday, and the best that life could had to offer. Life is beautiful and Sweet and fulfilling.


But it came at a cost. I felt my stomach twist nausea rolling waves through my body, I sat down on my bed, sinking into the soft, plush fabric.


Everytime I tried to distance myself from the upcoming horror I was sucked right back in. Everytime I try to calm my racing heart, the steady beating rose up again, threatening to consume me.


I took a shuddering breath and felt it, blow out against my hands. I was painfully aware, in this moment of just how fragile I was.

How easily broken


I shuddered and tried not to think about it too long or to hard, I still have preparation to make. I still had to get ready for my turorous journey.


With trembling leg, I made my way to the bath chamber that was attached to my room, I could have asked for a servant to accomplish me and bath me, but right now I crave for a moment of privacy.


I knew that I would not have many of those left , Stripping of my dress and my underrobe, I set them gently to one side, I let my hand s linger over the cloth for a moment, before turning away.


I'd be bringing my finger robe with me , but I wasn't sure how long they would last. The anxiety was twisting in my stomach, stronger the more I thought about it.


Everything was happening so fast and it was starting to exhaust me, I had known it would be scary, I had know it would be hard,But I had not prepared for this. It was very foolish of me, but I still have a lot to learn.


It's overwhelming.


I shook it off and stepped into the water. It was still hot, having be freshly drawn for me and I sank into the warm bubbles


For a moment I shut my eyes and tried to pretend that everything was as it used to be. For a moment I pretended that I'd get out of the bathroom and go to dinner with my father.


I'd discuss my duties for the following day and then we'd have light hearted conversation. Then I'd retire to my bed chamber, focus on my lesson and some light reading for bed .


I wanted to pretend, I wanted to bury myself In the life I had l lived so far.


I didn't want to think about future. But think about the future I have ahead of me


I washed every inch of my skin scrubbing it until it was clean, I rinsed off the bubbles and use ever sweetly scent soap that I had. I lingered in the bath until the water itseyhad gone cold to the touch.


I lingered until I could linger no longer .

Then I stepped out and dried myself grabbing the perfume and lotions that had been provided, I rubbed them into my skin before picking out the robe I'd set aside for today.


Deep inky blue, it was soft a mnd smooth in my hands. I put on my underclothes before sliding into the fabric, each item of clothing that I was bringing was an item I could get into myself.


I left the more challenging dresses behind. I wasn't going to have help anymore, and I needed to prepared.


"Remember the kingdom,,,, Samantha,,, remember the people".


I swallowed the nausea and went to my mirror, I barely recognize the person staring back at me

Pale and frightened, I had bags under my eyes that I didn't remember having yesterday, it was scary how much this was changing me already.


My blonde hair usually bouncy and full of life, lay limp along my shoulder, I'd call Katie into handle that. I didn't have the strength right now .


Besides, it would be nice to have someone to talk to.


Katie had always been more like a servant anyways she was a close friend right now.


I stepped out of the bathroom pulling on the rope that rang Katie's bell in the maid quarters, I bit my lips and shifted my weight. I was nervous.


I made my way to my beside table and picked up the necklace that I inherited when my mother passed away.


Now more than ever, I needed a piece of her with me . Now more than ever, I needed her help and her guidance .


Katie announced her presence by knocking on the door


"Come in " I called quickly. To quickly that I was starting to lose my sense of decorum, my calm demeanor in the face of this trial.


It was getting harder and harder to keep it together.


I set down at my dresser, resting my hand firmly in my lap.


" Katie" if you would be so kind,,,,my hair needs some doing; I paused and swallowed hard,I was never so formal with Katie "it being ill behaved"


Luckily Katie seemed to understand where I was coming from, she had a way of doing that and I had a feeling that was why I had instantly started to trust her when she came to work at the palace.


"That alright, I'll get that sorted for you" she said, grabbing a few tools as I leaned my back in my chair and took a deep breath.


When Katie started brushing my hair, it was soothing. Her touch was gentle and she had a way of putting me at ease. I really appreciated that about her.


And there was a lot more I appreciated about her

I'm going to miss her.


Are you,,,,, prepared, Samantha? Katie said softly.


Her voice was nothing more than a whisper between us and I already felt sick, I liked the way she said it calmly and I also loved the way she still called my name even now. I asked her to callme by my name causei neededa friend nota servant.


I needed a moment of comfort in this crazy situation "of course,I am, it is my duty and I'm happy to do it "My voice cracked on the last word, betraying me all at once".


I cleared my throat and squeezed my eyeshut"I've bathed, I'm dressed and my bags are prepared"


My bags have been prepared for a week now l, sitting and waiting for me to leave, I didn't know if I had packed the right things, but I could only hope,,,,I was prepared enough..


Honestly, my bags were usually packed for me, But I had insisted that I and Katie would pack it this time. She helped me double check and make sure I didn't forget anything vital.


I choose item that would be the most comfort to me.


I would need comfort. That much, at least,I was completely sure about that.


My father had insisted I take nothing with me and I know it his way of trying to make me feel better.


He blamed himself, but I didn't blame him. Not for a minute.


What the point anyway?"


"I know" Katie said her voice still unfailingly soft and reserved." But are you really ready?" She questioned again.


I felt the weight of her questions sink into my body, my chest aching where my heart lay. The weight was heavy, as heavy as the crown on my head.


There was a lot of weight to that came with being a princess a lot of weight that many people didn't anticipate


"No" I whispered a moment of vulnerability showing how unprepared was. With Katie I could be scared and unsure of what lay ahead of me, with her I could be angry and frightened .


With everyone else, I had to prepared.

Because that what a ruler will do .


A ruler care for her kingdom and country, her people even before herself. And I wouldn't let everyone down for my own selfish reason.


This my fate and I accepted and I had accepted it.


It was the price we paid for prosperity and I was well prepared to pay it.


At least, that's what I told everyone else. Inside, I had never felt a terror so strong.


"I've been praying for you, it is not death sentence Samantha.


There is light at the end of the tunnel, I am sure of it" Katie was rambling now as she lifted my hair and did it up pinning it in place.


She want to make me feel better, I know she did. But all she was doing was reminding me of what lay ahead.


I was a sacrifice to keep them happy, if I lay my freedom, my life on the line, my people will be spared.


Katie continued," perhaps the DRAGON LORD will be merciful"

The name DRAGON LORD sent shiver down my spine and my heart turned cold immediately.


______|||||||||||||||||T|||||B|||||C|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||______



Oct. 23, 2021, 3:42 p.m. 0 Report Embed Follow story
0
To be continued... New chapter Every Wednesday.

Meet the author

Comment something

Post!
No comments yet. Be the first to say something!
~