F
Favour Bademosi


The sudden urge to pee overcame me and I told the driver to stop the car,daddy declined. "No dear,I've told you we aren't staying here a minute longer, it's too dangerous." I kept quiet and after a few minutes and I felt like my bladder would burst, I threatened to jump out of the car and Daddy told the driver to stop the car,albeit reluctantly. I opened the door of the car with my huge wedding gown trailing behind me and I ran out with no exact direction in mind but little did I know that God wanted to save me that day. When I was few metres away, it happened. I heard something like a gun shot and suddenly, the two cars which held my parents, husband and parents in-law erupted in flames. The force of the explosion threw me across a pillar, banging my head against it. My vision blurred instantly. "Mum,Dad,Liam,please don't leave me............" I said and blacked out. Harlequin finds herself in a new world with no memory of her past. How can this fourteen year old orphaned and widowed girl with memory loss survive a strange new world with Mafias,secrets and assassins after her life. Can she ever find out who killed her parents and husband? Dimitri, a cold,ruthless CEO and the heir to the Russian Mafia, seems to be her only hope but can he be her saviour or just her bringer of death?


Romance Romantic suspense Not for children under 13.

#Mafia #Secrets #Erotic #Hot #Agegap #Romance #Contemporary #Hate #Sensual #sweet #inkspiredstory #Marriage #Baby #Suspense #Thriller #Comedy
2
8.2k VIEWS
In progress - New chapter Every 30 days
reading time
AA Share

Wedding Day

Harlequin's POV

I smiled as I saw the reflection of myself in the mirror. Mum was making sure my wedding gown fitted properly so there weren't any loose edges.

Meanwhile,the make up artist did wonders on my face while Eline, my best friend, placed the tiara on my head,right next to the veil.

I can't believe it's actually my wedding today. Before I go on, it would be rude for me not to introduce myself.

My name is Harlequin Anastasia Vladimir, I'm both an American and Russian.

My dad moved from Russia to New York where he met and married my mum. I've never been to Russia before, I was born and bred in New York. I've always asked Daddy to let us go on a vacation to Russia and sadly, his answer was always no, and when I got fed up and questioned him about why he continuously refused to let us visit our home land, he told me Russia's a very dangerous place and it would be too dangerous for us there.

I asked mum what he meant by dangerous and she only gave me vague answers saying Dad only wanted the best for us and he was only adamantly refusing because he wanted to protect us. I just didn't get it and pressed on further and at last,she told me that Dad's decision to leave Russia was due to some issues with the Mafia and she refused to elaborate more on it.

When I tried to get further information, I was always given the same answer or the silent treatment and after asking for like a gazillion times and I got no reasonable explanation, I gave up and decided to forget about it but my curiosity wouldn't let me be so I decided to investigate discreetly,gathering as much information as I could by eavesdropping on my parents' conversation. My efforts didn't go to waste and I finally found out why Daddy avoided the prospect of visiting Russia like a plague.

Well back to me now,I'm 14 years old, five feet four inches with brown hair and blue bell eyes. I'm also pretty if I do say so myself,as you know by now, I'm getting married to my dear Liam today.

Well,we've known each other since childhood and we both like each other a lot. Our parents are getting us married today and I know you must be wondering how and why.

Simply put,God has finally answered my prayers and Daddy's taking us to his hometown in Russia.

A fact not really known to all,Bashkortostan, my dad's hometown allows 14 year olds to get married but not without parental and judicial consent. Dad has expressed his regret of having to go back to Russia but he says his hands are tied because he has to get me and Liam married now. I've gotten to the reason why I'm getting married so early in life. Mine and Liam's families have always been friends for ages and both families have always wanted to solidify their ties through marriage but they were never in luck.

Both families either had boys or girls and when both families had a boy and a girl,they were so happy and wanted to get them married but sadly, when they grew up,they didn't like each other anymore because they both fell in love with someone else.

The second time they each had a boy and girl,they were allowed to grow up again but something happened and the girl was raped and got pregnant. She was so ashamed, she committed suicide.

Her father was so angry that he tracked down his daughter's rapist and unfortunately, it turned out to be the son of the head of the Mafia.

Notwithstanding, he managed to trick the guy and was able to kill him. So,that's why mine and Liam's families had to leave Russia, for fear of the Mafia's wrath. That's the little I know from eavesdropping on my parents' conversation.

Once again,both families have managed to produce a boy and a girl and this time, they were not going to take chances by letting us grow up before getting us married.

So here you have it,a few hours from now,I'll be married to my best friend who is only a year older than I am,freaky right?

Aug. 13, 2021, 8:13 a.m. 0 Report Embed Follow story
1
Read next chapter Great Loss

Comment something

Post!
No comments yet. Be the first to say something!
~

Are you enjoying the reading?

Hey! There are still 2 chapters left on this story.
To continue reading, please sign up or log in. For free!