K
Keagan Vickers


Shayla is human. Normal? Well, you can make up your mind on that one. She visits her brother. She needs to tell him something but is having some difficulty finding the strength to. In a town where almost everyone doesn't want her there, the most unexpected happens.


Fantasy Epic All public.

#Love #romance #friendship #strongfemale #alpha #human #beta #brothers
3
8.6k VIEWS
In progress - New chapter Every 30 days
reading time
AA Share

Ch. 1

Silence. Deafening silence. Wind. Crickets. Frogs. Sounds of the night. Footsteps. Loud footsteps. Braking twigs and crushing leaves as they walk their forests. Not afraid to be heard. Wanting to be noticed. Wanting to be feared. They’re on patrol tonight. Tonight, it’s their job to ensure that no one comes in or out that shouldn’t. They take this job seriously. Very seriously. They will not fail.

Coming to a standstill, they look around, hearing a sound, not of their own. Making themselves invisible by hiding in the shadows and foliage. A girl stumbles past them with empty eyes. Blood painted on her face and clothes. Only one thought crossed their minds, ‘HUNTER!’. They attack. Punching her. Kicking her. Tearing her flesh with their claws. She does nothing.

“Stop!” a voice that held some authority. Authority that they would sometimes listen to. Now was not one of those times. The man starts to break them up trying to fight his way to the girl.

‘Alpha!’ they call their leader, thinking his behaviour to be strange and even treacherous.

His actions do nothing to stop them from beating the girl. Finally reaching the girl he tries to shield her. Seaming to know him, she takes a tight hold. Crying silent tears into his shoulder. Tears of pain.

But not the pain he thinks it to be.

The Alpha now at the scene, shakes off a feeling he found very unfamiliar and distracting. Frowning at what he sees in front of him, he walks closer.

“Stop!” the man said again with a little less power.

Their rage is blinding them. Deafening them. Events of the past fuelling them.

“Make them stop!” the man shouted not caring for his tone.

The Alpha frowns again. Frowning at the disrespect that he has never before experienced from his beta. Finding his beta failing to shield the body in the centre. He gives no reply; for he sees no fault. Humans on their land seldomly ended well in the past.

“Make them stop. Please Alx. Make them stop! She’s my sister.” The beta’s once-powerful voice boiled down to but a plead.

“Stop.” Alx, plainly.

Unaware of his command they continue to beat her, seconds from ripping her apart.

Angered, Alx releases a growl.

They freeze in fear. Taking three steps back for good measure.

Walking to his beta, Alx studies the girl in his arm. Her wounds making anger boil inside him and again that unfamiliar feeling. Looking to his beta, Alx sees the worry in his eyes.

“The doctor will be waiting for you.” Alx, as he informed the doctor of their arrival through mind-link.

Bowing his head and whispering a grateful ‘thank you’, the beta leaves. As a sign of disapproval, Alx glares at his men. An Alpha’s command must be obeyed. Alx leaves for his office. Where he will attempt to finish his interrupted work, finding it difficult to do so.

March 2, 2021, 8:59 p.m. 0 Report Embed Follow story
2
Read next chapter Ch. 2

Comment something

Post!
No comments yet. Be the first to say something!
~

Are you enjoying the reading?

Hey! There are still 2 chapters left on this story.
To continue reading, please sign up or log in. For free!