Short tale
4
8.5k VIEWS
In progress
reading time
AA Share

Why Do Muslims Celebrate Ramadan & Eid?

The month of Ramadan is a month in which the Quran was revealed. It’s a guidance for mankind, proofs of guidance, and the criterion of right and wrong.

Since Allah the Almighty does not desire hardship for His worshipers, Muslims should complete the period of fasting and glorify Allah for guiding them, and to be thankful to Him.

Allah wanted people to understand the importance of empathy. Empathy is to place oneself in another's shoes. When we get food anytime we want, it is easy to become complacent and forget exactly how lucky we are to have food on our plates and a shelter over our heads.

The fasting of Ramdan teaches Muslims to be patient, unselfish, and kind. It gives them strength, makes them resilient, and brings them together. It teaches people to be thankful to God for providing them with everything they need as there are others who are not so lucky.

Muslims share their food and part of their wealth (Zakah) with the poor because they have understood their hunger, their suffering, and their hearts.

Besides, we keep putting toxins in our bodies all the year by eating all that junk food: pizzas, burgers, donuts and ice creams. Fasting during Ramadan purifies the body of all toxins and bad things one may have eaten throughout the year. Going one step further, fasting purifies our souls.

But where in the Noble Quran is it mentioned that the month of fasting should be observed?

The Quran was revealed to Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, on the occasion known as Laylat al-Qadr, also known as "the Night of Power". Observance of Ramdan is mentioned in the Quran, Allah says:


"The month of Ramadan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey - then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and [wants] for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful.” [Noble Quran 2:185]


The sighting of the new moon means that it is the end of Ramadan, and Eid Al-Fitr can commence. It is therefore, a day of feasting and happiness. The festival is called “Eid-ul-Fitr” and the customary greeting during it is “Eid Mubarak!”

May 23, 2020, 5:37 a.m. 2 Report Embed Follow story
7
To be continued...

Meet the author

Comment something

Post!
Liyas Syarifuddin Liyas Syarifuddin
Good writing and I really love it ❣️❣️❣️
February 24, 2022, 10:45
~