C
C Clark Carbonera


In 2018, I took part in a Challenge of the Brazilian Embassy and made a short story about a tree that sang to a river. Only now, in 2020, I could write this tale here: the singing-answer from that river. Hope you like it :)


Kurzgeschichten Alles öffentlich. © All rights reserved

#river #tree #halloween #life #time #meaning #brazilian-literature #500-words
Kurzgeschichte
14
1.8k ABRUFE
Abgeschlossen
Lesezeit
AA Teilen

Single Chapter


In response to the Tree next door, the Waters of the River waved the following song in the midst of tiny swirls:

– Ah, those foot steps to visit us who believe they have crossed lands and rivers and seas and mountains as heroes to conquer and conquer, when they were nothing more than puppets of their own shadows and passions, which lead them to tie themselves on your arm without any real understanding of what afflicts them! Oh, they passed through valleys without understanding what they had under their haughty and subaltern feet, without realizing how being a valley is necessary to live, because between two mountains what brings the balance of the landscape? Many of our visitors visit us, in fact, and when they don't attach themselves to your branches for fatality, they dive their feet or their fingertips, caressing my waters, wishing that time flows with them as my waters flow with me. But how can they desire such a thing, when they do not know they are water nor valley? I will bubble a hint for you here, hoping that you can whisper it with your leaves to the eager for wisdom, since some listen to it at a better time than to me: I know where, when and how every drop of my being has penetrated. To live and exist in so many places at the same time, without losing myself from my essence is a gift to be sought by all beings who cherish themselves, and even by you, my dear, who still has many paths to put down roots. Dear tree friend, you have learned so much in all these years here beside me! You have learned to contemplate and love my waters, to love what is inconstant in its fluidity and what is fluid in its inconstancy. Yes, I felt the footsteps of this new visitor, who had stopped briefly to see a frog beside me, there in the beginning of me. So, I abbreviate my escape by telling you just that: Time. Time. What is time if not one more liquid garment that serves us? You sing to me about what men scorch hearts and minds in arduous search, with fatuous and ignoble desires, in order to control with their hands of shadows something made of cosmic light! Well, that time will surely come, in the same way that my waters will fall endlessly over that hill sooner or later, but for now let us remain as we just are, contemplating and loving our friendship and good neighborhood, watching the footsteps of those who chase us.

21. November 2020 00:00 8 Bericht Einbetten Follow einer Story
9
Das Ende

Über den Autor

C Clark Carbonera “A utopia está lá no horizonte. Me aproximo dois passos, ela se afasta dois passos. Caminho dez passos e o horizonte corre dez passos. Por mais que eu caminhe, jamais alcançarei. Para que serve a utopia? Serve para isso: para que eu não deixe de caminhar.” Fã de carteirinha de Buffy - The Vampire Slayer.

Kommentiere etwas

Post!
An Almonde nona
Breathtaking storie
December 29, 2021, 00:35

Anwar Hossain  Jeebon Anwar Hossain Jeebon
An excellent story, not tell, just sing the song of water. It's words are flowing like water. Only a wise loving heart can write a story like it.
June 20, 2021, 06:59
Aleah Kate Lozada Aleah Kate Lozada
Beautiful life of a tree and a river!
April 10, 2021, 22:01

  • C C C Clark Carbonera
    Thank you for comment, Aleah :) and this is the second story actually, the first one is called The Tree next to the River! April 11, 2021, 14:14
Emon Kalawan Emon Kalawan
It's amazing
April 06, 2021, 17:10
~